Thursday, January 22, 2009

VINTAGE LADY

Today, my sister, Maureen and I decided to go to old town Tustin to walk around and see what fun things we could find.

We came across this great shop called The Vintage Lady. Not only are there wonderful items for sale but the store itself is fun. Why? Well, because back in the 1800's the building used to be the 1st doctors office in that area.

As you walk through the shop you notice there are several small rooms. They used to be the examining room. The floors are very uneven and have not been leveled. They are just as they were back then.

All of this gives to the charm of the shop.

Inside you will find a wide variety of lovely items. The shop owner told us she was in the process of changing the shop from a winter theme to more of a spring atmosphere.


There were lots of whites, plants, flowers and colorful items. Every nook and cranny was laid out with charming items.

I fell in love with the beautiful window pane hanging on the wall.

This is a shop you could get lost in day dreams in. The products are romantic, feminine and have a touch of a vintage past to them.

Look at that beautiful rusty crown next to the little bird nest. I love the contrast of the old to new.

There are also wonderful garden items. I couldn't decide which items I loved the most.

The little sign here says "This is fabulous on the patio full of candles". I have no doubt that is 100% true.

There is also a wonderful garden area outside. Not the normal plants you find at most places. These also lend a touch of romance and mystery.

There were lovely baskets hanging from the trees. The planters had statutes of cherubs, fairies, birds and other fun treasures.

While everything was not planted that long ago, they appear they have been growing for years and years.

I just adored how the owner used old bird cages to plant little mini gardens in.


The wire cages looked beautiful with the moss and flowers peaking out.

Some of the cages were big and had their own stands, some were smaller and hanging and some were sitting on table tops.

Each one was more lovely then the next.

I noticed some of the bird cages held little fairy gardens. They made you want to shrink down like Alice in Wonderland and go exploring.

The magic of these little gardens are they make you believe in fairy tales.

Since I'm on a budget I wasn't able to buy my own bird cage garden.

But, I did put a request on Craigslist and Free Cycle asking if anyone has a bird cage to give away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because if they do I'll be able to plant my own little magical garden.
I'll show you another darling shop we found tomorrow.
Photobucket

16 comments:

Connie said...

Gorgeous place, sweetpea! I'll have to put that on my list of places to visit next time we've visiting our son. He used to live in Tustin actually.
Smooches,
Connie

Darlene said...

What a fun place...thanks for taking us along on the tour. I LOVE browsing in little shops such as that one.

Sometimes It's Good said...

OOOOH....Another place I have to visit. You know all the cool places! I was down in Huntington Beach yesterday looking at mobiles. I miss the OC.
Hugs, Susan

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Joanne
I loved the tour of this beautiful shop. The birdcage gardens are wonderful. I hope you get a cage so you can make one yourself. Please show it if you do. We have a cage but there is a bird in it!!!
Have a lovely day.
Lindsay

Kathie Truitt said...

This is the most beautiful blog I have ever seen. I need to 'pretty' mine up. That's one of my goals this year.

Hillbilly Debutante

Glenda said...

Now that's my kinda shop. I love to go into old buildings and find out the history of them. We have building in an old town not far away that use to be a large bank back in the day. I love to climb the stairs in it, just to hear them creak. They still have the vault and the teller windows.

Did you buy anything ?

Ciao

Sunday Girl said...

Hi Joanne,
What a beautiful little shop, who could not be inspired? Sounds like you had a nice day. I have been to Tustin many times, too bad I didn't know about this little gem. I have been collecting birdcages for some little while, I don't have any quite so big though.

Harbor Hon said...

Thanks for sharing that sweet store with us. I would love to have something like that near me. We do have an 'antique row', but I'd never be able to afford what they have to sell. xxoo

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Joanne; What a lovely little shop. I just love every thing in it. Oh to be able to buy one of each thing. lol ahhhhh to dream [sigh]
I would never have thought to do a miniature garden in a bird house, I would have kept all the ones we had.. darn it. We used to have a big one like that I had a beautiful Cockatoo he was so sweet. should have kept that one too. darn it. Hope you find one..

Hugs;
Alaura

Lorilee said...

My mouth is watering! What a wonderful shop! I went to Fredericksburg Trade Days last weekend. They had old bird cages galore! Now I wish I had at least looked at the prices! That window pane is gorgeous!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Pearl said...

Such an Enchanting Shop! Love the Fairy Gardens in the Bird Cages, and I hope you get one of your own soon! I found one at the Thrift Shop on half-off day and snagged it for a whopping 2 dollars! I am looking forward to your next adventure! Do take care... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Anonymous said...

Oh Thank you for letting us browse through this beautiful shop with you and your sisiter. It's beautiful.

Hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, what a lovely shop you took us to today.
I have an old birdcage stored away in our garage...When the weather gets a bit better here in Italy I might just make my own fairy garden in it and hang it on our terrazzo!
Thanks for sharing!
Ciao,
Helena

Catherine said...

Beautiful shop and the bird cage gardens are adorable.

Donna said...

Oh my gosh - how CLEVER are those birdcage gardens? I have several birdcages and now you've got me thinking! You must have the best shops around you!...Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Decor To Adore said...

Love and adore the bird cage gardens.