Saturday, January 31, 2009

UMBRELLAS

I love the rain. Maybe one reason is because I love umbrellas. I have several of them and I'm always looking at them when I run across them in the stores.

I have one dog that loves to go play in the rain. As soon as it starts to come down he runs out the doggy door and tries to catch the rain drops.

My other dog hates the rain. He will do everything he can to stay out of the rain. I think I need to get him a doggy umbrella.

Don't laugh! They make them. They attach to the leach and your dog can stay dry as you go for a walk or it does it's business.



OK, well if you don't want an umbrella for a dog, how about an umbrella with dogs on it?


This green one with black trim is very pretty. I would buy it if I came across it in the stores.




Here is a great umbrella for men. They won't even have to ask for directions because they will have a map right with them.



Hate the rain? Well this one would be perfect for you. When you look up you will only see sunny blue skies with puffy white clouds.


This one creeps me out. It looks like it's snake skin.


Even the handle looks like a snake head. I'll pass on this one.




Can't wait for spring to get here? Then this one is for you. Pretty flowers blooming everywhere.



I remember these! I had one as a kid. I liked how they come down over your head so if it's windy you are still kept dry.


Oh I would love to have this one! I could day dream about Paris all the time!

This one is different. I like the pretty colors and how it looks like stain glass windows.

This is nice. I love the different style of the handle.


Can't decide which color you want to carry? Well how about this one then.

This one is great! It's almost like a piece of art work.


This one is a girly girls umbrella.

For the butterfly lover.


How about pretending you are a little garden fairy hiding under a pretty flower.

This one reminds of the saying "It's raining cats and dogs".


I like this one! Love the color combo and I adore cherries.

There really are so many different types of umbrellas. It's no wonder why I love them.

How about you? What kind of umbrella do you carry?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway drawing below, if you have not already signed up. It's the last day to enter.
Photobucket

11 comments:

Connie said...

What a cute post, honey!! I know Dolly would love the cherry one. I'm with ya on the snake skin one. I couldn't get under it! But there are some darling ones there.

Come visit today and laugh and cry with me........

Smooches,
Connie

Darlene said...

Those are some cute umbrellas. My doggies would especially love the umbrella to keep them dry!

Glenda said...

What a nice parade of umbrellas. I too like the green with black.

I have your standard Black with a wood handle. My son like to carry it for some reason. Also have a large one that golfers use and a few assorted ones here and there.

Anonymous said...

Now, I would be interested in finding that one for the dog.

Hugs,
Chris

^..^Corgidogmama said...

What a fun post! I loved it!
I never use an umbrella; thinking by the time I get it open with my arthritic hands, I'd be soaked anyway!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Joanne
I loved this post. My favorite was the butterfly umbrella.
It rains so much here I have umbrellas everywhere, in my car, in my bag, in my locker at work!
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Lindsay

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love the cats and dogs umbrella, Joanne!

Carolyn G said...

I love that green umbrella with the black trim. I use an old golf unbrella I got from a golf tournament I worked on.

And can I tell you that the doggy umbrella is a scream. I love it.

Pearl said...

Such an Adorable post, Joanne! My favorite was the green with the black trim... made me think of lil tassels. My umbrella is very pretty, with soft shades of blue and green... thanks to Rhonda! It was one of my treasures in the Parasol Swap we were partners in. We keep a gigantic wind-proof umbrella in the van for "just-in-case"... Covers 2 adults with room to spare!

~blessings~
Pearl

Unknown said...

OH! I am LOVING the pink and black umbrella and the gerber daisy one! Where did you find all these fabulous umbrella pics?

Unknown said...

This dog umbrellas looks pretty good and will protect your dog. I was searching for a similar style dog umbrella. Finally got it thanks to your articles.