Friday, January 23, 2009

A LITTLE WHIMZY

Every once in awhile you stumble on a small little shop that has been hidden in plain sight. A shop that has been in your area for years and years yet for some unknown reason you had never seen it before.

Whimzy was just such a little shop. A small but wonderful little treasure that I had the pleasure of walking into.

Whimzy is not a very big shop. However, it is a shop you could spend hours and hours in and still walk away feeling like you didn't see everything.

This place is packed full of charming goodies from floor to ceiling.


At first I felt like a kid in a candy store. So excited once I entered and took a quick look around. I wasn't sure where to start looking first.

Whimzy has some of the most unique items I've ever seen in one store.

I absolutely loved the little cherub statutes in there.


There is something for everyone in this store. From holiday items, antiques, old photos, books, wonderful items to use in your art work and yes ladies, even glittery items.


I must have walked around and around that store at least a half of dozen times. I could have spent the night in there and it still would not have been enough time.



Somethings were tiny little objects. Some were large. Yet, they were all lovely.


There were splendid mercury glass pieces.


Everything was displayed so creative too.

Somethings made me feel like I was walking into a dream.


Of course after seeing the wonderful bird cage gardens in yesterdays post my eye quickly spotted these great cages.


There were lace gloves, old hat boxes and an antique parasol.

Oh, be still my heart! I would love to be the owner of this sweet one.


This gave me sort of a Cirque du Soleil feeling. I found myself staring at this with a smile on my face.


Hmm! Party girl huh? OK.


These beautiful glass hearts looked divine.


Here is another statute that called out my name. I love the rusty look.

There were great old photos to purchase.


Now, I've never been a doll lover but this little lady... I like! She has an attitude that dares you to move her off the chair so you could sit down.

Look at the fun crowns in this display.

This shop makes me think of a Paris Flea market. You never know what you will find in here.

I have no doubt that now I've found Whimzy, I'll be back again and again.

Can you believe I left without buying one thing. I think the only reason was because I didn't know which lovely items I should get and which ones should I leave behind.

This shop seems like once the doors are locked for the night and everyone is gone, slowly but surely, one by one the items come to life. So maybe it was best I didn't buy anything and left the "family" to be.
Photobucket

11 comments:

Connie said...

If I bring my own crown and gown, can I live there forevvverrrrRRRRrrrRR, chickee?!?!?! *Sigh*......gorgeous.
Smooches,
Connie

Sometimes It's Good said...

Wow! You found another one! I want to go there!
Hugs, Susan

Glenda said...

Giiirrrrllllll, I saw at least 5 or 6 things there I could not have left without. What a great little treasure to find.

Ciao

Darlene said...

That looks like the best shop. I would love to go browse in that one also!!! You have the neatest shops around you! I don't think I could have gotten away without a purchase though...lol

Gone said...

I want the CROWNS!!!

Both the Vintage Lady and Whimzy look like adorable places...I wish I could visit them, too!

~Blessings,
Jan

Harbor Hon said...

I love the crowns and glass hearts. I could not have left without buying something from here. Thanks for sharing. xxoo

Blogger said...

What fantastic items, so fun!!! I never get to go to stores like that with my preschooler, ha! Maybe next year when he's in Kindergarten, but for sure once he gets into 1st grade and I can have all day to shop!

Make sure to stop by my blog on Monday, I am having an Etsy Party and there will be some awesome giveaways!

Have a great weekend :)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne!

Love the 2 places you've visited recently! The birdcage garden Idea is sooo cute. I have the old birdcage from my childhood that looks like the one in the Whimzy store. I'll add that to my list... LOL I have to laugh. The list is so long I cant find the end anymore!!

Hugs, Sherry

Thanks for taking us along! I LOVE going shopping with you!

Donna said...

Oh my gosh - I am so glad that shop isn't near me.. I think I could be in big trouble!!! Please share more pix every time you visit it!...Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Unknown said...

What a fabulous little shop!!! Thank you for taking me shopping with you, Joanne! It was so much fun, LOL! :)

Decor To Adore said...

Is this darling store also located in Tustin?