Sunday, December 26, 2010

CHRISTMAS BRUNCH TABLESCAPE



Since we had brunch for Christmas this year and not dinner, I wanted to keep the tablescape very simple.



I went with white with touches of greens and a hint of gold.



The white plates I found this year at Dollar Tree. I love them and they will be used often. The smaller Santa plate I purchased years ago when my sister lived in Colorado and I went to visit her.



Funny how tablescapes get started. I found the green ornament place card holders at Michael's. They came in a package of two and were only a dollar a package. I couldn't pass them up so they started the whole tablescape.



I wasn't sure what I was going to use with them but then I remembered I had the Fitz and Floyd Santa plates. So I dug them out of storage and I used the cream tablecloth and napkins that I had purchased last year and never used.

Now I had the color theme.



I've always loved these plates and I only used them twice before. Both times were for a Christmas Tea that I gave.

I think the little animals are so cute.



I wanted to purchase this darling Santa that was dressed in a pale green from Michaels but when I went back to get him, he was gone.

So, I had no idea what to use for the centerpiece.

As luck would have it, I had gone to my friend Claire's house a few days before and she gave me this darling cream colored church. I put it out with a few white trees and several gold mercury type votives. It was just the centerpiece I needed.

Simple and not taking up the whole table. That way the food could be on the table too.



My sister, Patty, got these cute little pitchers for Christmas awhile ago. So we used them to hold the syrup. Having several small pitchers was great because then we didn't have to keep passing the syrup.

I used our every day flatware and glasses that also were a Christmas gift my sister got a few years ago.

Since I had almost everything already for this tablescape, it only cost me a few dollars. I spent $5.00 for the place card holders and $10 for the white plates.

This years table was much more simple and casual then I normally have, but, it was one that everyone really liked.

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Charm House said...

Gorgeous! I know it was a perfect Brunch! Love the Santa plates!
Hugs,Yvette

Marlis said...

Love those Fitz and Floyd plates.. they are charming!! Great with the green place card holders.. another great find. Your table is wonderful. I am sure it was a hit.

The Tablescaper said...

Your Christmas Brunch is so magical with it's soft color palette. Love the white trees.

It's great to have you being a part of Seasonal Sundays. As these days turn from the Christmas Season to the Season of Winter, I hope you'll continue to share with us.

- The Tablescaper

Rach said...

So pretty! Love the color scheme.

The Single Nester said...

What a lovely tablescape! You don't have an email listed so I couldn't respond about my gift card conundrum. But, stale candy and no thank you after you mailed your nieces a gift? I am shocked. That is soooo wrong!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love your Beautiful Tablescapes ~~ With the Santa Plates so sweet!!
for your Christmas Brunch ~~~~
I'm your newest follower on your lovely Blog. I hope you and your Family have a Great New Year.
Diane