Monday, January 12, 2009

THE PARTY IS OVER

Yesterday was Trinity's 8th birthday. We had a horse/cowgirl theme party for her. It was a big hit with all the kids.

There is a place in San Juan Capistrano called ZooMars. It's a family owned petting zoo.

From the first time I took Trinity there we knew this is where her next birthday party was going to be.

Trinity has always been a BIG animal lover. At this place you can pet the animals, feed them, hold them and even ride the horses.

We had 14 kids. Each was given a hat and scarf to get in the "mood" for the party.

We started out with eating a BBQ lunch of hot dogs and chicken. There were beans, macaroni salad, chips, veggie tray, watermelon and drinks. Everyone chowed down pretty fast so as to move onto the real fun!


We then went to feed the animals and play with them. The kids loved being able to pick them up.

From there all the kids road the horses. For some, it was the first time they had ever been on a horse. They all loved it.

After that they went for a train ride and then each took a crack at the pinata that was of course in the shape of a horse. Everyone got a bag full of candy.

While the excitment was still high from gathering the candy we all went back to the table area where each child got their own build a bear horse with their own cowboy outfit. The kids all said they felt like it was their birthday!

We then had cupcakes with chocolate horse suckers on top. Now, I admit the cupcakes were quick and easy to make but those chocolate suckers took forever to make. I only had one mold with four suckers. Painting in the different color chocolates and then letting them set went on and on. It was all worth it though as the kids LOVED the suckers more then the cupcakes.

Presents were then opened and a bit of fun run around time then it was time to say good bye. Each child got a goodie bag to take home. The goodie bag was a pail that looked like a bucket they feed the horses with. A bandanna lined the pail and it was filled with cowboy playing cards, gold nugget gum, grow your own horse, a harmonica, a horse puzzle, a horse calendar, a pencil with a cowboy boat eraser, a horse shoe magnate, candy and little horse figures.

The kids hated to leave but it was getting dark and the place was closing. Plus the adults were very tired and ready to go home.

So another year has come and gone. Time to start planning her 9th birthday party.


Photobucket

12 comments:

Joyce's Journey said...

That party sounds wonderful!!! Looks like you thought of everything! What a great idea and I'm sure Trinity just loved it! What fun!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Happy Birthday Trinity.
Joanne, this looked and sounded like the most amazing party. The cupcakes you made were gorgeous and far too beautiful to eat.
Thanks for sharing her special day with us.
Lindsay

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Looks like a really fun party for Trinity. Darling cupcakes to go along with the theme!

Glenda said...

I wanna go there on my next birthday. Please Joanne, PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE. LOL

What a wonderful Auntie you are.

Ciap

Unknown said...

What a special birthday for a lucky girl! I love those cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

What a celebration, a very lucky little girl. Oh those cupcakes look to beautiful to eat.

Hugs,
Chris

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Trinity!What a wonderful party! I would have loved to go to her party if I were 8! You really put your heart into making tohsoe cupcakes and chocolate suckers, Jonanne.

Hugs, Pat

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a fabulous party! What fun! Makes me wanna be a kid again.

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, Joanne - those cupcakes are fantastic!!! That looks like the absolute best place to ever have a party - and the horse theme would have been right up my alley... I used to beg my parents got s pony or horse. We moved from the city to the country when I was 8 years old, and I couldn't understand why we couldn't keep a horse in our basement because we had such a big yard compared to the city. I lived and breathed horses when I was little... Trinity - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweetie - you have the best aunt ever - although I know you alreayd know that!!... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Great party! How fun to find some horse-themed parties, since my sister is planning one for her daughter this year. Where did you get that horse mold? I love how the food, activity, decor, and everything went together so well!

Thanks for joining my party!

Unknown said...

What a fun party! It looks like everything was a hit with the kids! That cupcake tree is adorable!

Victoria said...

Hi. I saw your party on the creative hostess, how lovely! Just wanted to let you know I am running a contest where you can win $100 gift card to Anthroplogie- I think your party would be a great addition- http://thecitycradle.com/throw-an-imperfect-party-win

blessings