Sunday, April 4, 2010

EASTER BRUNCH


It used to be our family tradition to have Easter Dinner with the whole family. Then our family started to grow and we switched to Easter Brunch so everyone could to other family members in the afternoon/evening.


We weren't really sure how many people we were going to have for Easter Brunch this year. So, I didn't purchase any special dishes. I made due with what I had.

For the centerpiece I used a clear glass candle holder and added some pastel jelly beans around the candle and a pale pink polka dot ribbon. Very easy and cheap!


We also used our every day dishes. There are three different patterns that come with this set so it's easy to mix and match the dishes to give different looks. Everyone had a different setting as I didn't want it to look all matching.


I did purchase these cute little bunny salt and pepper shakers from World Market this year. They were only a few dollars and I'll use them with other Tablescapes through out the year.

Pastel Easter eggs were scattered around to add a little bit of Easter colors and tie in the colors of the jelly beans.


The table cloth matches the dishes and has blue and green and white. There are birds, flowers and leaves on it. I thought it was Spring looking so it worked for Easter too.


On top of each place setting I put a cute egg shaped box with a vintage Easter picture on it. I got these at Michael's and filled them with a bit of Easter grass topped with a See's chocolate Easter egg and small foiled eggs. These were the party favors.


I showed these cute little faux chocolate bunnies that I got at Big Lots. I used them as place card holders. They each had pastel colored ribbons that matched the colors used on the table.


A bigger white rabbit sits proudly protecting the eggs. She the same pastel pink polka dot ribbon around her neck that was used on the candle holder.


I love the colors of the jelly beans. The flavors are good too. Not the normal jelly beans we had when I was a kid.


Here is a better look at the favor boxes. The pink ones had a lovely picture of white bunnies and roses.


Little chicks and eggs adorned the blue boxes.


Easter Greetings with baby chicks and violets topped the yellow ones.

I did keep one of each color for myself so I can use them to decorate with next year. The pictures remind me of old Vintage Easter Postcards.


At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like the way the table all came together. But, once I got it all put together I think it came out OK. Not my favorite but, it still gave a fun Easter feel to it.


I used a flower butter mold and once they were all put together it almost looked like a basket of flowers. They were really cute.


Every one pitched in with the food. My sister, Maureen, brought tons of bacon. Both regular and turkey bacon.

Patty made home made waffles. They are the best! We had real maple syrup and also Wild Berry syrup I had brought back with me from Alaska. It was a big hit. Everyone liked it a lot.

We also had blueberries and whipped cream for those (me) who wanted.

I made this great egg dish. I had it at a friends house and knew it would go over well for brunch.

Everyone enjoyed it so much they all said I have to make this every time we have brunch.
We also had a fresh fruit salad, coffee and juice. Everyone was stuffed by the time we were finished.

After cleaning up, we all got to visit, play a few games and then it was time for people to leave.

I had a wonderful Easter and I hope you all did too.

We had a bit of excitement after most everyone left. Mexico had an Earthquake that was 7.2 and we felt it pretty good where I live. Even the after shocks could be felt.

The water in our pool came splashing out and the hanging plants were really rocking back and forth.

I'm hoping there won't be any deaths or major injuries from this.

Don't forget, tomorrow I'll be picking the winner of my giveaway. If you have not yet entered, be sure to do so.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Donna said...

Joanne, your table is gorgeous. I think it's one of my favorites. I love the bunnies and the favor boxes and the eggs... everything! I just read about the earthquake on-line... Goodness, that kind of excitement you can do without, I bet! So glad you had a wonderful Easter... Donna

Rach said...

Very pretty. Looks delicious!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

HI Joanne!

Love your choc bunny placecards!!
What a wonderful brunch...

Happy Spring, hugs, Sherry

Michele said...

Oh Joanne ~ what a beautiful table. I love how you pulled everything together...just gorgeous!

Hugz,
Michele

Kathleen said...

I love it! I know those are V and B Switch right?... and I have that tablecloth too! You did a beautiful job..it all looks so inviting! Pat yourself on the back,,great job!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh! so pretty!Lucky guests!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh Joanne! Your table setting for Easter is beautiful and look at all that yummy food! Family gatherings are the best! Did you feel the earthquake?! Oh my!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Me again Joanne! I live in Murrieta, next door to Temecula. Have a great evening! Maryjane

A Southern Rose said...

I love your Easter table setting. Everything is so beautiful!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a lovely brunch. I love the pats of butter molded like flowers. So cute! Love & blessings from NC!