Saturday, April 24, 2010

JUNE BRIDE

I'm so excited! There is going to be a wedding in June. No, sorry folks, it's not me getting married. It's my friend.

Well, she is really already married and it's going to be her 10Th wedding anniversary. But, she never had the big wedding when she got married. So, she and her husband decided to renew their vows and they are going to have the big wedding they never had.

I'm very honored they asked me to be the Wedding Planner. How great is that!

The only thing is, they just decided this and nothing has booked yet. This is going to be a lot of hard work and I'm sure stressful at time. I want this to be their dream wedding. I want it to be perfect for them.

I'm going to have to work quickly to find a location for them, get the cake ordered, the flowers picked out, the decorations for the reception and all the little details like, favors, place cards and all the little things that we seem to forget is needed to make the day go off without a hitch.

I have to find the location asap so the invitations can be printed and mailed out.

However, that's all the work to do. Today, we went and picked out her wedding dress (it's beautiful and she looks like a princess) and the jewelry she will wear. We got the flower girls dress ordered. She is having Trinity as her flower girl! Boy is Trinity is excited.

We also picked out the bridesmaid dresses. The invitations are decided on and as soon as the location is picked out they can be printed up.

So, in one day we got a lot done. Everyone had so much fun.

I've never planned a wedding before and so this is my all time dream party to plan. I think I'm more excited then the Bride and Groom. OK, maybe not as much but pretty near close.

I don't know how much sleep I'll be getting the next few weeks. I know I'll be planning, preparing and thinking about what needs to be done 24 hours a day.

Maybe I should rent The Wedding Planner and see how she pulls it all off and stays so put together.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations to you on being chosen as the wedding planner. It all sounds like so much fun!!

I think Brides Magazine has step by step plans for weddings, including the time frames (and it sounds like you don't have a lot of that!) Keep us posted!

xoxo
Jane

Rach said...

Ohh, how fun! I can't wait to renew our vows. I love weddings. We have about 8 years before a renewal though, lol!!

The Tablescaper said...

How exciting for you! It sounds like a lot of work, but also a lot of fun!

- The Tablescaper

Kathleen said...

Sounds like fun! My 40 th is in May..want to plan the party?

The Charm House said...

Joanne, this is so exciting. My daughter is having a vintage wedding May the 29th and my son is having a destination beach wedding June the 20th. To say the least my creative juices have been flowing. I am having a blast!
Yvette

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What fun!! Every woman deserves a special wedding. Don't you agree? I think that is every girl's dream. Have a great time planning this wonderful event. Enjoy! Love & blessings from NC!

Kim said...

Oh wow! How much fun for both you & them. I hope that you'll share photos -- I'd love to see how it turns out.

Tina Schiefer said...

When you're done with Kathleen's 40th party in May
and your friends June wedding, wanna come to Oregon for our 25th anniversary party in July?!!!

Just kidding! But, maybe I'll steal some ideas!

Ps. Have you seen the Cricut for cakes yet?