Monday, April 19, 2010

A SWEET MORNING SUPRISE


I woke up today to a wonderful smell of something that seemed to come from Heaven. My dear sister, Patty, made me some homemade muffins. YUM!

What a sweet surprise.


Since I'm not a coffee or tea drinker, I love to have a nice cold glass of milk with my breakfast.


I couldn't wait to dig in. But, I ran and got my camera just so I could share with you. Doesn't it look good? Well, it taste even 10 times better then it looks.


The best thing, for me, was these wonderful fresh baked muffins were also guilt free as they were low fat. Perfect for anyone on Weight Watchers.

I have the best sister! It' so nice to have family support when you are trying to lose weight.


One of my favorite nuts are walnuts so I was thrilled she added some to these. They not only taste yummy but, they are a good source of protein too.


I love this vintage pitcher and glasses that I found a few years ago at a yard sale. It is a full set with three sizes of glasses. This is the biggest size glass but there are also juice glasses and a medium size set too.


I had to use my pretty milk glass plate and pedestal as I thought they would look perfect with the pitcher and milk glass as well as the red tablecloth.


Well, I couldn't wait any longer. I had to eat my breakfast and drink my milk. It was great. I know what I'll be having for breakfast tomorrow. Left overs!

Thank you Patty for being such a great sister and a wonderful baker too!

It was a perfect way to start off the day.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

That looks so good..the muffin and the setting..Very cheerful!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What delicious looking muffins! You have a very sweet sister. Oh, I am especially fond of your milkglass. I have a collection of milkglass that I started last year and it is really growing. I have found some of my best pieces at Goodwill. Love & blessings from NC!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

How wonderful to wake up to those yummy muffins and a thoughtful sister! Love your red checkered pitcher and glasses, perfect for your milk!

DD

Anita Diaz said...

What a nice treat!! I LOVE the vintage pitcher and glasses too!

Rach said...

MMM. Perfect breakfast.

Kim said...

If that isn't the cutest breakfast, I don't know what is!