Monday, April 26, 2010

ROOTBEER, PRETZELS AND PIZZA, OH MY!

Things have been pretty busy for me these past few days. However, I was lucky enough to be invited to go with Trinity's Brownie Troop yesterday. There was no way I could turn down that invitation so I put aside all the work of planning the wedding and went for a few hours of fun.



We went to go learn to make Rootbeer and Pretzels. How fun.



We were each given our own dough to roll out and form a pretzel in any shape we wanted.

Have you ever made pretzels before? I hadn't and was very surprised to learn this dough is hard to shape. You can roll it out and it seems to go back to the way it was.



One of the guys there showed us how to twist, pull and roll the dough to form the pretzel. He made it look so easy.



The girls had fun making their own. So many different shapes to make, which ones would they decide on?

The extra fun thing about this trip was the adults got to make Rootbeer and Pretzels too!



Everyone had a different shape. I went with a simple knot. Mine is the one on the middle one on the left.


While the pretzels were baking it was time to go work on making Rootbeer.

First you had to pump out and measure the ingredients.



Then everything got poured into the "magic" container. Water is added and then the work was about to start.



The girls had to roll the "magic" container back and forth for about 15 mins. This mixes everything up and gets the rootbeer ready.

I call the container a "magic" container because it's almost like magic the way the rootbeer is made.



After the hard work was over, we got to go back inside and our pretzels were ready for us.

I have to admit these were the best pretzels I have ever had. Fresh, warm and the prefect about of crunchy outside with a soft yummy center.


Then to follow up with the great pretzel, they served us hot pizza. The girls had worked up an appetite after all that rolling of the container and not one piece of pizza was left over.

OK, truth be told, the adults ate some too.


Then the Rootbeer was ready to be bottled. Everyone got two bottles and filled them up.



Put the caps and labels on.



There was enough left over from our batch to let everyone have some without having to open the bottles.

Everyone was happy and cheered their good work.

The girls were really excited to try it. Everyone agreed they loved it and most wanted more so they ended up opening up a few bottles after all.



The Brownie Troop leader made the cute labels and sent it over to the shop.

I had never had fresh, homemade rootbeer before and I have to say, it was very good.



You can also make beer and other types of soft drinks here. Anyone who does, gets to add their own label to the wall. As you can see, the walls are covered with every color and type of label you can think of.


The girls had a blast and really enjoyed learning something new and different.

I had a great time too and am very happy I was allowed to join them for the day.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tracey said...

What a perfectly fun day!! I wish I had been there. Wow.. what a great field trip to go on. I bet the girls were thrilled with this one. The pretzels look great and the rootbeer I bet was delicious!!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

How fun! I want to go there! The warm pretzel and root beer sound delicious!

I got the Tiffany style boxes from www.efavormart.com They have lots of fun things. I'm sure you will find a few goodies you need :)

Sea World was great! Waking up in front of the Beluga whale tank was very ethereal. The staff was great and the girls had so much fun. I had 4 parties this last weekend that included 7 hours of drive time. I also had to paint a stack of giant teacups for a client that forgot to mention that she moved the party date up 6 weeks!

I'm going to try and sew curtains for my family room and pillows for the new sofa.

When is your birthday?

Kathleen said...

That looks like I wonderful trip..what fun! Love the labels too...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a fun day! Those pretzels look sooooo good!