Saturday, April 10, 2010

SHE HAD HER BABIES!


Remember I showed you that sweet little dove that had built a nest in our back yard. Well, I've been getting several emails asking how she is doing. So I thought I would give you an update.

Oh momma bird, you really need to let me come clean up your house. It is so dirty from all the wind and rain we had before you moved in.


She had her babies! I went out to check on her and found the broken egg shells. Yet, I had not heard a peep or saw them yet.


I talk to her a few times every day. I want her to feel comfortable around me. She seems to be fine. She does make a sound, doesn't move or breath heavy/faster. I think she knows she is safe here.


I just love her little face, don't you? Her eyes are so gentle looking.

Well, I say she but this could be the daddy. It's hard to tell them apart and I never see them switching places on the nest.

The other day, my sister, Patty and I were watching her/him from the window and we saw her/him feeding the babies. A little fuzz ball popped up and opened it's mouth really wide. The momma/daddy stuck the beak down the mouth of the baby and the baby clamps down.

As the momma bird lifted her head the baby stays attached and gets lifted up. It was so cute.



I went outside to catch the babies on my camera but had no luck. She was not going to let me see them up close. She just looked at me like "I don't know what you are looking for. It's just me here, minding my own business."

So I went back inside. A few minutes later I saw her finishing up her feeding.

I'm hope to get a better look at the babies soon. When I do, I'll be sure to share them with you.

I think I should give her a name. What do you think her name should be?
Photobucket

6 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Congratulations! I guess you feel like a Grandmother now. That bird does have the sweetest face and the prettiest eyes. I know you are anxious to see the babies. Where I work, there is a nest and a wren has laid 4 eggs. We are waiting for them to hatch too. They are low down where we can see them. I can't wait. Keep us posted. Love & blessings from NC!

Attic Clutter said...

YEAH God news(:)~
your blog looks beautiful-
love the pink~..
Am just strolling around blogland today ..
been awhile and am trying to catch up~
hugs,Patty

Lorilee said...

Howdy Joanne,
I haven't been able to visit many blogs lately. I've been staying busy, especially outside! How exciting to have the dove nesting so near! I hope you can get photos of the babies to share!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Kathleen said...

I want to see the babies!!! :)

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

I love birds....they make the best mommies! Can't wait to see more of those cuties! Great blog, glad I found you!

LaVon Baker said...

She looks like a BethAnn or Abigail or Dorie to me. Can you tell I have a hard time making decisions. :-)