Thursday, January 14, 2010

MAGIC PARTY


Last weekend we celebrated my great niece, Trinity's, 9th birthday. We had a Magic theme this year.


Finding a place that is big enough to hold a kids party is often hard to do. We were very lucky that one of Trinity's little friends lived in a Town House in Huntington Beach and her mother offered to let us use the Club House there.


The color theme was blue, purple and silver and of course, everything had to do with Magic!


We had hot dogs, chili, nachos and lots of snacks. It worked out great because not only was there a big kitchen but also a cut out to the main room so we served the hot items there and then everyone could go to the area to get the rest of the snacks.

We also had a different table set up on the other side of the room with the drinks. That way there was no crowding around one table area.


The table was set with magic theme plates, napkins wrapped around the purple flatware and silver stars were used as a napkin ring. Blue cups and a Magic Wand was also at each child's place setting.


I made name cards and silver stars lined the child's name. Trinity got to decide who sat where.

She spent a lot of time trying to put everyone next to someone they liked so everyone would get along great. Sounds like a great hostess in the making, if you ask me.


The tables had a blue table cloth with purple star confetti and in the center I placed some purple material with silver stars on it.

The centerpieces had a top hat with a bunny, some large cards, a magic wand and stars inside.

Next to that was a shinny sign that said Believe. I got those at TJ Maxx at Christmas time. The final part of the centerpiece was a 3D sign with different magic scenes on it.


We found the top hats and stars at a party supply store and the bunny came from Build A Bear. The cards and magic wand I ordered on line.


When the sun hit the plates they started to sparkle and shine and appeared a little bit of magic was already going on.


Each chair also had a balloon tied to it. The kids got to take their balloon home at the end of end of the party.

The rest of the room was filled with more balloons and hanging from the ceiling were stars and magic scenes.

The room looked very cute and much better then the photos showed. I really need to take a class on how to take good photos.


The kids all got to pick out a magic tattoo. We played games such as toss the star into the magic hat, magic wand dancing, a magic bunny relay race and of course we had the famous pinata full of candy.


But the big thrill of the party was when the Magician did his magic show and then taught the kids a few magic tricks to do at home.


The kids were in awe of the Magician and tried hard to figure out "How did he do that?".


Even the parents enjoyed the show. We were all very impressed!


I made cupcakes rather then a big cake. It's much easier to serve and much less time to make cupcakes then to decorate a cake.

They were "Blue Velvet" cupcakes with Cream Cheese icing. Topped with purple sparkling sugar and a little bunny popping out of the Magic Hat. I also used shinny blue cups to bake them in so they would be in the color theme of the party.


Everyone sang Happy Birthday and then ate cupcakes and ice cream cones.


Trinity then opened her gifts and we had each child sit next to her as she opened the gift from them. We took a picture to send with her thank you notes.

It was then time to say good bye to everyone. Another party pulled off...

As they left Trinity handed out the goody bags and thanked everyone for coming.


The goody bags were in the shape of Magic Hats and were filled with four magic tricks, pixie sticks in purple and blue, a mini magic 8 ball and some Magic Candy as well as a finger lock trick (I forget what they called).

All in all, everything turned out just as planned. Everyone had fun and per Trinity, it was all the kids talked about at school the next few days.

I'm linking this post up to Kendra's, at My Insanity, 2nd annual party party. If you have not been there to read about all the fun parties you must go now.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like a fun party! I love your cupcake stand! I've never seen one like that with crystals...perfect for this party!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

WOW! I think you missed your calling, Joanne! Such a great party! All of your details are just amazing...great job!

Katie said...

Wow it looks like a wonderful plan and so well coordinated. I can tell a lot of planning and effort went into making Trinity's 9th birthday so special. The room looks great and I love the attention to details and keeping with the theme.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Great party! Love the cupcake stand :)

Kendra@My Insanity said...

What a fun theme for a party! I bet the kids had a blast! Cute favor boxes! Thanks for coming to my party party!

Ed Rhodes said...

You did a wonderful job! Where did you find the specific "magic related" items? I linked this to my magic board, they were impressed but asked "who the magician was."

Unknown said...

When you are hiring the services of photo booth rental Toronto you are making all possible arrangement for your guest so that they can get the best feel and entertainment. Apart from that there are also arrangements such as magician Toronto making sure everything goes ideal for your kids and other around in the party. They turn it out as one of the best events at your place.

Unknown said...

This party looks like it was a blast! I love the cupcake stand holder. I've been planning a magic party for my son, who is turning 8 this winter. I really want to make his party a special one for him, and I know kids love magic tricks and shows, so I'm planning on doing that as my theme. I really hope it turns out as good as yours looks!
https://www.bingotheclown.com/services.html