Saturday, January 2, 2010

ONCE FORGOTTEN BUT NOW FOUND

I've decided to gather all my items that I would use on a table scape and keep them all together. Yes, this should have been done ages ago but it never was.

I had tablecloths in one spot, napkin rings in another and so on. But, now as I come across everything I shall place them all in one spot so I can easily find them.


I had completely forgotten I even had these beauties! I was thrilled when I came across them.

Do you know what they are? Yes, I knew you would. Place card holders.

Can't you just picture them on a pretty table? I can. I can't wait to use them.


Let's take a closer look. I want you to see how lovely they really are.

This yellow Rose is one of my favorites.


Though I think the pink Rose is #1 in my eyes.


Check out those little ruffled and purple tipped petals in the Carnation.


This sweet Pansy makes me want to get to the nursery and plant some real ones. They are a flower that always make me smile.


The Pansy reminds me that Spring is just around the corner on the long cold winter days.


I'm not sure what this flower is but I think it's a Morning Glory. This is another flower I've been wanting to plant in my backyard garden. Maybe this will be the year.


Another pretty one. I'm not sure what the name of this flower would be. Anyone know?


I had purchased these, vintage placecard holders, ages ago off of EBay. I loved them when I first got them. I still do.

I can't believe I've never used them. You can be sure I will be in the near future.

Am I the only one who buys things and then forgets about them for ages only to stumble across them again in the future?

It's kind of fun because you get the thrill of the first time you bring them home and then you get that same thrill again when you find them long after you have forgotten about them.

I can't wait to find more things I've forgotten. Digging through my storage and garage always has me finding treasure that I didn't even remember I had.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Connie said...

Those are beautiful and look very delicate, honey. I think I have one around here that looks like that but it's on a pin for a dress. I'll have to look and find it.
xoxo,
Connie

Jackie said...

I love the flowers, I havent visited
your blog in awhile, love the layout

Nancy said...

Joanne, the flower placecard holders are darling. Can't wait to see how you use them. Wishing you many blessing in 2010.
XO Nancyim

Rach said...

What a nice touch for a spring/summer table setting!

Unknown said...

How beautiful !!! I wish I could find something like that in my stuff, lol....

Please share with us when you have a table set with all of your pretty things.

Pat