Sunday, January 17, 2010

I LOVE VIOLETS

I was going through some of my boxes in the garage and came across this darling set of four violet plates and cups.

I had purchased these from the thrift store a few years ago and never even brought them inside my house. I had all but forgotten them, until today.


I remember I was thrilled when I came across them and found out they were only 99 cents each! What a bargain. I've seen sets like these before but never with these pretty purple violets on them and never with four matching ones.



The plates are so pretty with the scallop look to them and the gold trim.


I can see using these at a tea party or even serving soup in the cup and sandwiches on the plate.



I think this Spring I'm going to have a few friends over and I'll set up the table outside in the garden area.

I would use a pretty violet table cloth or maybe a lace one. Have some pretty pots of real violets sitting around that will be the hostess gift everyone can take home to remember the day.

Light some candles and enjoy the afternoon.


Or, maybe I'll just have a few people over for some tea and cookies?


I'm not sure what I'll do but I do know I'll be using these now that I've brought them inside and washed them up. They are now ready to use and I'll keep them in my china hutch so I won't forget I have them.

I'm having a lot of fun finding so many things I've forgotten I even had. I have to admit I'm a shopaholic. I bought so much stuff and never even taken the things out of the bags. They just ended up in the garage and forgotten about.

But, this year, I've changed my ways. No more shopping, buying off the Internet or anything until I get my garage all cleaned out. I'm not even having a problem with the no shopping because there are so many fun and pretty things I keep coming across.

Am I the only one that does this? Have you purchased things and put them aside only to forget you even purchased it?

I'll be sharing a lot more items I come across with you guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with everything.

I may have a garage sale, sell on Etsy, donate to Good Will or even have a few giveaways. I do know there is no way I'll be keeping everything I have. I just don't have the room for everything and I don't want to clean out the garage only to clutter it up again.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

You are not alone, Joanne! I, to, need to clean out all of my clutter! I will have a few garage sales in Mar and April to get rid of stuff I no longer can have in my life.

I'm re-decorating my family room so EVERYTHING is going! Even my dishes.

Let support each other :)

Mumzie said...

Hi Joanne, I love your violet luncheon plates! I agree, I need to clean out clutter in my garage too. Oh, congrats on your 41.6 pounds! Fantastic...I bet you feel really great! I'm still fighting the battle of beginning again. Mumzie

bj said...

Those violet plates and cups are precious.
I plan on having a garage sale in late spring, after the wind and sand quits blowing out here in West Texas...I have waaay too much stuff that I am not using. I'm selling every thing that I don't just LOVE!
XO bj