Friday, January 1, 2010

THE MANY COLORS OF THE 2010 BALL IN NEW YORK

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It's now 2010! Can you believe it? Where does the time go?


Many people brought the New Year in while watching the ball drop in Times Square.

Those New York people sure do know how to throw a party! They host one of the biggest New Years bashes in the world.


For many people, it is a tradition to watch the ball in New York slowly drop as everyone counts down from 10, 9, 8... all the way to HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Even those, unable to attend the event in person, can watch it on tv.


This year, New York got a new ball. Boy is it a beauty!


All the photos in this post are of the new ball.


It's made out of Waterford crystal and the colors are done with the lights inside.


Through the magic of color, the ball is able to look like many different balls. Each as lovely as the next.


I happen to be one of those who faithfully watch the ball drop, on New Years, from my tv.

This year was extra exciting for me as I was able to go to New York earlier this year. I stayed at the Marriott Marquis, which is in the heart of Times Square, and my room was on the 42nd floor.

When I looked out my window the New Year's ball was directly across from my room. Of course it was the 2009 ball though.

I didn't even know they kept it up all year. I thought it was up only for New Years Eve and then they took it down.


As I watched the celebrations, taking place in New York, I was flooded with the wonderful memories of my trip.

Getting to see all the places right where I stayed was so fun. It was almost as if I was there again.

It made me wish I really was there.

I made myself another New Years resolution as I was watching the ball drop. It was to return to New York again this year.

There is something about that state that speaks to my heart. I've always wanted to live there. I think if my family wasn't here in CA, or if I wasn't so close to them, I would have moved there a long time ago.

But, my family is here and I would never move away from them. So, I shall stay here in CA and go to visit New York as often as I can.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and 2010 brings everyone happiness and good health.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

It is certainly pretty fancy! Wow! Anyway, happy new year to you. ; )
~Michele