Friday, January 8, 2010

COMPUTER PROBLEMS

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been MIA but the other day our electric went out and when it finally came back on (17 hours later) we discovered our computer crashed. We found out our Mother Board burned out from the power surge, even though it was plugged into a surge protector.

So now, we either have to get it fixed or buy a new one.

Sadly that means I'll not be able to post for awhile and won't be able to visit everyone.

As soon as I get back on line (I'm over at my sister's right now) I'll be sure to start posting again and visiting everyone.



Photobucket

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh, I feel for you, Joanne. My computer went kaput on Christmas Eve. I was told that if it was my mother board, that I would have to buy a new computer as mine would be too old to repair, that they wouldn't have a mother board for it ... happily mine was just the power supply and I was able to get it fixed. I've been told the same thing by computer people - that the surge protector power strips are a waste of money because they don't really protect you. What a surprise that was to hear....

Hope you get back to normal soon!... Donna

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

We have had a lot of computer problems too over the years, so I can totally relate. Hope you are back up and running soon. Love & blessings from NC!

Miss Jean said...

I'm sorry about the fried computer. That's horrible. I know that all surge protectors are not created equally. Some are just not really surge protectors, but just extensions. The real ones are very expensive. Good luck on getting it fixed.

Your silver looks amazing. I have some to polish and it never looks that good when I finish. Could you email me and let me know what you used? Thanks.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Sweetcakes, don't you worry about a thing. We know things like that happen. I do that sometimes and I don't have an excuse half as good as yours. :)
I've missed you though. I am having a difficult time getting to everyone..NOT possible and posting too..and doing my housework etc.
Somethings gotta give and it's usually posting...and visiting..or both. We'll be here. :)
Hugs and love,
Mona