Wednesday, January 20, 2010

THE COLLECTION JUST KEEPS GROWING

I have a love affair with Milk Glass. Actually I love all depression glass but ever since I saw Eddie Ross' collection of Milk Glass and how he used it to set his tables, I've been on the hunt for my own collection.


It used to be easy to find Milk Glass in the Thrift stores. When you did come across a piece it was always very cheep. Now days, it seems like they are becoming more and more sought after and therefore, harder to find at the thrift stores. Even if you do find a piece it is costing more and more.

These are a few of the piece I've found at thrift stores and never brought inside, until now. What was I thinking! I love these pieces.

Now they are washed up and safely in their spot in the china hutch.


This plate is so pretty with the lace pattern around the edge. I have only one other plate in my collection. So, I'm going to be on the hunt for more now. I would love to use these on a tablescape. All shinny white but each one different from the others.


It's hard to see but there are little flowers adorning the edge of the lattice work.

Wouldn't these be pretty on a Valentine's table with a red tablecloth and napkins?

Until I get more I'll use this and my other one as serving pieces. A plate full of cookies maybe?


This is one of my favorite pieces. I've never found another piece like this. I think it would be wonderful to serve chocolate covered strawberries on here.


It has a diamond pattern on the bottom. Most real Milk glass is a bit translucent when light shines through it. Almost like a glass of milk. Therefore, giving it the name Milk Glass.


This piece is also in the diamond pattern. I would love a set of these too. Perfect for a scoop of fresh ice cream in the summer or a lovely bowl of fruit.

It could also be used to serve some candy or nuts. Perhaps even a bit of cream whipped up to go with your scones?


I found yet another diamond pattern piece. Again, this could be used for many things. Even putting some pretty soap or shells in it for the bathroom would look nice. Or, if you are serving breakfast some homemade jam would be super in here.


This is the 2nd one of these bowls that I have in my collection. I've used the other one several times for candy and nuts. A set would great because I can see a pretty colorful scoop of sorbet in here. I'm sure your company would be thrilled to be served a nice dessert in this dish.


Last, are the two vases. I have several milk glass vases and I think they are the most common pieces to find.

What flowers wouldn't look beautiful in these? The one on the right is pretty big. I think I'll use it in the Spring when my hydrangea flowers are blooming.

I have a few other vases that look like the one on the left. I'll use those on a tablescape where I want to line the table with a few vases full of pretty flowers.

I know I have several other pieces hidden away in my garage. I'll be sure to share them with you whenever I come across them. I'm searching for some glasses I know I have out there. I want to use them for my Valentine's Day luncheon.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Bowmanh23 said...

I love milk glass! So dainty and elegant. The pieces you have are gorgeous!

w00ts up said...

Beautiful! You have a lovely collection!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your milk glass is incredible. I too saw the post Eddie Ross did on this beautiful glassware. I think I only have 1 piece.. now that's just not right so I'm going to have to get on the search for more..lol thank you for stopping by to see my little thief. I'll sure be glad when it warms up and he moves on. I'm afraid he'll start bringing mama and his brothers and sisters..lol Pop in any 'ole time.. hugs ~lynne~

Kim said...

I've noticed a big upswing in the popularity of milk glass over the past 10 years. I have that square small dish & use it as a soap dish in our guest bathroom.