Wednesday, February 10, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY LUNCHEON - THAT'S AMORE


Today was my Valentine's Day luncheon and I went with a theme of AMORE! Or LOVE for those that don't know Amore is the way it's said in Italian.

The colors were red, black and white.


I actually knew before Christmas that I was going to use a theme like this. I didn't set out to make it like this but it sort of came about on it's own.


I found this darling Cupid piece that actually goes in the garden. I thought it was so cute and I bought it as a gift to give to my sister that I live with, Patty.

As I kept looking at it in my cart it hit me that it would be so cute as a center piece on a Valentine's Day table.


Isn't it funny to see how different tablescapes come about.

I did give Cupid to Patty but since I live with her, I knew I could use for the tablescape.


I knew I already had the square black and white polka dot plates. I had them from Halloween. So I was on the hunt for some plates to use on top of them. Something that red and white on them.

Then as luck would have it, one day walking around Home Goods I spotted these great plates with black, red and white that were perfect for my table.


Here is a better picture of Cupid. Isn't he darling? I didn't paint him black. He came that way. I think that's what caught my attention and made me buy him.


He even has little bow and arrows.


I already had the lace table cloth and napkins. Do you remember seeing them at my friends Vintage Valentine's Day party?


Of course Valentine's Day makes you think of hearts right? So hearts were also a big part of the theme.


I had hearts on the plates, heart napkin rings, hearts on scattered on the table, heart bowls.


I found the glasses at TJ Maxx in the clearance section. I thought they were perfect for this table because the top was red and the stem was black. The little heart candles were from the 99 cent store.


I used our silver. To me it gives a feeling of romance.


Of course there had to be a favor at each place setting. What says Valentine's Day more then chocolate hearts?
Everyone got a package of red foil covered hearts, a chocolate, marshmallow and carmel heart and another chocolate heart shaped candy. All were from See's candy. Then I wrapped them all up in cello paper and tied them with a red ribbon and attached a cute red heart tag I made.


I also made the name cards. I used red glitter paper and then attached a white tag to it. The white tag was from the Martha Stewart collection I found at Michaels. Red glitter letters were used to spell out every one's name.


Also on the table was a heart ornament and an old key which represented the "Key to my Heart".


Since it was an AMORE theme I knew we would have to have Italian food. This little red heart bowl was perfect to put the Parmesan cheese in.


I made heart shape garlic toast. I know, it's a bit dark but my sister, Maureen, likes her garlic toast this dark.


We started with a salad and they were plated with the heart shape Parmesan crisps I showed you how to make in the last post.

Silly me, I forgot to take a photo of the main course that was Lasagna.


Our dessert was very good. It was fresh strawberries topped with a piece of heart shape pound cake and whipped cream. I served them in the crystal dishes that belonged to my dad.

The strawberries were very good. They were grown just down the street from me where they have a fruit and veggie stand.

The food was good and the company was lovely. We had a nice visit and all to soon the day was over.

I have such great friends and family! I really enjoy being able to have these small luncheons and sharing time with them.


They were so sweet, they even brought me hostess gifts. I love these cute napkin rings that my sister got me. I'm putting together a tablescape just to go with these as the theme.


Maureen also got me a See's heart shape candy, a pot of baby red roses and a gift card to Panera Bread. We go there together every Tues after Weight Watchers and get a bagel for breakfast.


Sandra gave me these cute heart spreaders, a red heart bowl and some note cards and a note pad.

I almost felt like it was Christmas!

I'm hooking up this post with Susan's Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. If you have not yet gone there, do so. There are tons of great tablescapes you can get ideas from.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your tablescape is sooooo PRETTY...my fav is the black and white polka dot plates!

Blessings,
Linda

Martha said...

What a great Valentine table! Love all of your little touches!

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

What a pretty Valentine's Luncheon table! I especially like all the little heart-shaped touches, from the decor to even the food! Wonderful!

Furry Bottoms said...

Joanne, where do you store all this stuff? I enjoy every single layout you've shown on your blog. Theyre wonderful, beautiful and just awesome!! But WHERE do you keep everything when you're not using it?! LOL I can't picture it.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a fun luncheon!! Love your tablescape. Everything looks great. Love & blessings from NC!

Rebecca said...

Simply LOVELY Joanne! I love that cupid. What a great color! What a great theme! Don't you just love when something just comes together like that?!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the pretty table of red and black and white, so pretty and I love the cherubs in black, so different then the usual white, love that with the polka dot plates...Phyllis

Megan said...

Hi Joanne-
I just came across your blog. Your valentine's tablescape is wonderful. I am looking forward to reading and enjoying your past posts when I have more time to visit.
Megan

Scribbler said...

Your tablesetting is unique! I like it all.

Scribbler

Marigene said...

What a beautiful table, love the black polka dot plates. Love your little hostess gift napkin rings...can't wait to see how you incorporate them into a future tablescape. Thanks for sharing.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Very pretty table and all your food looks wonderful!

Red Couch Recipes said...

Wow! I just love the colors of black, white, and red. Love the square plates and the Valentine Plates together!

Denise Marie said...

lots of fun.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh your table came together so wonderfully! Everything is so pretty -- and I love your new napkin rings too - how darling!

Lori said...

You always throw the best parties and have awesome tablescapes. I love seeing them...you are inspiring!!

Shellbelle said...

Just lovely! I found your blog via the Foodie Friday Flickr Group and I must say, I am very happy I did. I've been browsing around and love it all! Those trays made from drawers are brilliant.

I also love T.J. Maxx and Marshalls for the home goodies and then when I read your post for Knott's Berry Farm, I couldn't believe it! We always went there when I was a child — many, MANY years ago. Loved seeing how it looks now.