Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A FAST, CUTE & EASY IDEA FOR YOUR VALENTINE'S DAY MEAL

Today I'm having my Valentine's Day luncheon. I always like to bring the holiday look into my meals. Sometimes, I will mold butters into Turkeys for Thanksgiving or Santa for Christmas and sometime I will cut sandwiches into clovers for St. Patrick's Day.


I had a few ideas on how to bring hearts into my meal and I will show other ways tomorrow when I post the luncheon.

I saw this idea on Sandra Lee but she used circles. I thought why not try them with hearts. So I did and it worked.

What are they? Well, they are Parmesan crisps.

Just take fresh shredded Parmesan and put a little bit (not to much) into a heart shape by using a cookie cutter.


Be sure you use either a non stick pad or parchment paper so they won't stick to the pan.

Pop them into a 300 degree oven for 8-10 mins.


I found that I needed 10 mins for them to cook. When I took them out at 8 mins they were still ok but once cooled they were more bendable and not as crisp.

They remove very easy too because of all the fat in the cheese. They will be bendable while warm but they harden up once cooled.


I'm going to use these to serve with the salad I'm having. YUM! What's better then crunchy, warm cheese!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm all over this one! It will go perfectly with my Valentine's dinner.