Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT!


Today, while out shopping, I came across these shoes. Have you seen them before? Perhaps you even own a pair?

These are called Shape ups and they are made by Sketchers. There are other brands out there too but these were on sale from $139 down to $99 at Kohls so I got them.

I've seen them worn by a few people at my Weight Watchers meetings and everyone said they were the best!

They are made to give you a work out while you walk. They will help your posture, firm calf and butt muscles, promote weight loss, strengthen the back, increase cardiovascular health and reduce stress on your knees and ankle joints.


They come in all different colors. Since I'm a big fan of pink I went with the white with little touches of pink on them.

They pretty much look like other tennis shoes but they don't feel like other ones when you put them on. Though they are very comfortable.


They have a big base at the bottom and it curves up at the toe and heal areas. So you rock as you walk. They sort of remind me of those exercise balls where you sit on them and have to balance.

They tell you to start out wearing these only 20 mins a day until you work up to longer. If you don't, your legs will be sore. Like when you start a new exercise program and then wake up and can't move because your muscles are to sore.


These shoes come with not only an instruction booklet but also a DVD showing you how to use them to get the best results.


I'm excited to see how they work. So, tonight I'm going to meet up with a group of friends for dinner and I'm going to wear them.

If you have a pair or know someone who does, let me know what you think of them.

I'm all for trying anything to help me lose weight and firm up. I'm hoping these work like they claim they do. I'll be sure to let you know.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have seen these advertised on TV, but don't own a pair. I will be interested to see how you like them. Hopefully you will get good results. Love & blessings from NC!

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about getting a pair, for that added boost! Let me know what you think!

Robin said...

i work with a physical therapist in a medical setting. I noticed her wearing these last week. When I read your blog I realized what she was wearing! I asked her today and she said YES! They make a huge difference! She said she was tired by the end of the day for a few days before she realized it was the workout she was getting with the new shoes! She also said that her hamstrings are feeling much tighter now that she's wearing them!
Congrats on your weight loss! You should feel very proud of yourself!
Robin

Kim said...

I've seen these advertised & wondered if they work...I'd love for you to let us know about your experience!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Sweetie...I have seen these advertised recently but no, I have not tried them. They looked like I would rock forward or backward...and ...well...it's not good for old folks to fall.
I am anxious to hear what you think of them...looks like it's up to you.
I had something to tell you and darned if I can remember what it was, Joanne.
See...I told you! :)
Hugs,
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

p.s. I am so happy for you! You did it...are doing it! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Congratulations!!