Friday, February 19, 2010

THE BUNNIES ARE COMING! THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!


Easter may not be for several more weeks but we have all seen the decorations already in the stores.

Us bloggers know, you must grab your items early or you may miss out. So, I wanted to share these little darlings with you in case you want to run and get some for yourself.

My pictures do not do these guys justice at all! They look like real little chocolate bunnies in person.
So cute and perfect for your Easter decor.

Want to know where I got them? Sure you do! I got them at BIG LOTS! For only $1.50 each. Can you believe it.


I picked up a dozen because I'm going to use them on my Easter Tablescape this year. I think they will be so cute at each place setting.

But, I didn't just want to have them sitting there. I thought I could have them be the favor and everyone could take one home but I already have the favor I'm using this year.


I'm going to use them as place card holders. These little bunnies do a great job at holding a name card. Pretty clever, if I do say so myself.

So run, don't walk, to your nearest Big Lots and get some for yourself. If you are not going to be hosting Easter dinner then pick up a few to bring as a hostess gift. Wrap them in a nice box with pretty paper and no one will ever know how little you spent on your gift.

I think these would also make cute gifts for teachers, girlfriends and neighbors. Even just one as a decoration is great.

Change the ribbons to match your colors and maybe put it under glass to make it really stand out.

Oh I can see using these for a lot of things.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well, if those aren't the cutest little things. I bought a couple of larger ones last year...and...I certainly paid through the teeth for them~ YOU got a deal! :)
Hugs,
Mona

Leave a Legacy said...

Adorable. I'm off to Big Lots. They have a pretty good supply of holiday and seasonal things. At very low cost, which is great. Thanks for the great ideas.

Flower said...

Very sweet bunnies! And, you don't have to eat them. That is good for those of us who are trying to cut back on the sweets! They do make my mouth water!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Wow, Joanne...not that I am aware of. I don't think anyone would say anything to me anyway. At least I hope not because then I would have to bop them on the nose! :)
Yes! Lots of activity! Especially since the work on the house has taken place. ALL over the place. Around the workmen, around my son in law...at Christmas. I wanted to send you the one that is is full flight..but for some odd reason, I cannot find it. I will try and send photo's of the most recent!
Email me.
Hugs,
Mona

Kathleen said...

I love them! They will look sweet on your table!
I don't have a Big Lots near..and I think there is a 20 off coupon for tomorrow..Maybe I will have to take a ride!
Just love your bunnies!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Joanne..Hi..I have photo's for you. Send me your email address. I deleted a lot of addresses that I didn't recognize...and I'm afraid yours might have been one of them...I do have some GOOD pictures for you.
And you KNOW you are welcome here any time you like. We'll do lunch. I've got to catch up on you anyway. You are a world traveler...and all sorts of things going on with you. :)
Hugs,
Mona

a little bit of everything said...

Those bunnies are so adorable! A definite enhancement to an Easter table setting - great deal too!

Kim said...

I've seen bunnies like that & love them, but never buy them, because they make me want to eat chocolate!! :)

Miss Janice said...

Dang, I want 'em!