Tuesday, February 23, 2010

IT'S A GOOD DAY

Another Tuesday is here, which means time to step on the scales at Weight Watchers. It was a good weigh in with another 1.8 lbs gone. Ya, that means 48.8 lbs gone!

Today I woke up and I actually felt like I lost weight. Some times I don't notice anything and some times I can actually tell.

Today my sister, Maureen, got her lifetime membership with Weight Watchers. That means she lost all her weight and maintained it for 6 weeks. So, now, she gets to go to the meetings for free. The only catch is, she has to stay within 2 lbs of her goal weight.

That should be a piece of cake for her because she not only reached her goal weight but she continued to lose even more weight and now she is something like 10 lbs below her goal weight.

She looks so good! I felt really proud of her today as she went up front to get her award, a golden key charm to add to the rest of the charms she already got for meeting different goals.

I am so happy that she is now healthier and feels much better then when she started. I couldn't help but think about the first time we walked into Weight Watchers. I admit I had my doubts about doing well. I wondered how long it would be before we quit.

Knowing that she stuck to it and made her goal helps me to see that I too can reach my goal. I think having each other to go through this together has made it much easier.

On the days I don't feel like going to weigh in or the weeks I had where I knew I had a gain, it was her that got me to show up. I knew she would be there waiting for me and I would have let her down if I didn't show up. I think she may have felt the same way.

Congratulations Maureen! You did it! I'm so proud of you. Also, thank you for all your help and support in my weight loss journey.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Hooray for you, Joanne, and for Maureen. You are both great examples of determination and discipline. I have thought many times about going to Weight Watchers and the very thing I need is someone to make me stay on top of it. I have really been struggling but can't make a decision. This was a great motivational post for me to read.

Keep up the good work! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Furry Bottoms said...

That is so awesome!! Congratulations, Maureen!!! This is the kind of story I like to hear when it comes to weight loss.

BTW, I love that sunset picture!

Rach said...

Congrats!! 48.8lbs is amazing!

SnipSnipChick said...

JoAnne, congratulations! That is a great accomplishment! I wish you the down hill slide on your weight loss! Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it!!
xoxo Cindy

Glenda said...

What would you do without Maureen there for you ?. Wish my sister was there for me like she is for you. Another story that one is.

So, happy for you and your achieving the goal you set for yourself. Stay with it and you'll be a skinny mini.

Ciao

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Congrats to you JoAnne, that is wonderful about your weight loss. And to Maureen, as well. That is awesome. Keep up the good work! Love & blessings from NC!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hey Joanne, it's me again! Thanks for your sweet comments and your invitation to visit California. I would sure love to come someday. Wouldn't that be fun? I have met one of my blog friends from Oklahoma. I am going to meet another blog friend from Arkansas in April and I am planning on meeting a blog friend from New Jersey sometime later this year too. In the meantime, it is fun to "visit" in blogland. As for the 100 items, it seems like a lot, but after you get started, you have 100 items before you know it. You will have to give it a try. Love & blessings from NC!

Kim said...

48.8 pounds! That is such a huge accomplishment. Congrats to you & Maureen!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations to the both of you! What a wonderful accomplishment! Here's to your better health!
It is great you have each other for support. You will reach your goal too!!