Tuesday, February 2, 2010

THIS IS CUTE AND EASY TO DO!

When I was out going to the antique shops at the Orange Circle last week, I came across this item and thought it was very cute. Then I took a closer look and thought it would be super easy and cheep to make one myself.

I know you all love cheep and easy projects too, so, I thought I would share it with you.


It's a tray made out of an old drawer. Isn't that clever?

I think I would paint it white if I made one and I would use clear glass knobs.


You just add more glass knobs on the bottom to make little feet.


I also liked the idea of using old sheet music to line it with.

You could use scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, pages from an old book, old photos or postcards. The list goes on and on.

I would also either finish off the inside with glass or a clear coat so it would be easy to wipe off.


I can see making these to go with your holiday decor too. I think one for Halloween would be darling. Paint it black, use scary pictures or "spells" from a Witches book. Use old knobs to match your theme.

Or use it as a try to hold the "Mad Scientist's" experiments.

What do you think? Do you like this idea? Would you give it a try and make one of your own?

Oh ya, it's Tuesday and that means Weight Watchers weigh in day. I lost 1.4 lbs last week so that brings the total up to 44.8 total. I'll be looking forward to hitting that 45 lb mark next week!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a clever idea. I can see right now that I need to be looking around for some old drawers so I can make some of these up. I have a step- daughter that would love one.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Joanne,
What a great idea, I love it!. I think it would be fun to make and to choose the paper for the liner.
You have done so well on WW. I still have 15 lbs to go. You are going GREAT!!!.
Enjoy your day,
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Cute idea!! Congratulations on your diet. You are doing great. Have a nice week. Love & blessings from NC!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Joanne!

This is really pretty and easy enough that I could do it :-)

Congratulations on your diet success! That is really an accomplishment!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is so cute! I love the music paper. So pretty!

Thanks for your comment on my tray! I used a polyurethane that is made to go on tables, so I am assuming you can put food on it. I usually use paper doilies - that might be safer. At least until it has cured for a while. But you can wipe it down, so I would think it would be safe :)

Have a great night!

XOOX
Jen