Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A CHERRY WAY TO START THE DAY TABLESCAPE



This week I thought it would be fun to do a Tablescape for breakfast. Something cheerful and bright. Simple, yet fun.



I picked a cherry theme. I saw this material and knew right away I wanted to use it for a Tablescape.

But, rather then make a tablecloth out of it, I decided to make two runners. That way, it's not so formal but still adds that pop of color for the table.



I used my big red plates. I sure have gotten a lot of use out of these. Also, the red flatware that I have used many times too.



I found these cute cherry plates at TJ Maxx and knew they would be perfect for this setting. Plus they were only $2.99 a plate so how could I pass that up?

I used a cute little glass that my friend gave me as part of my Christmas gift last year. Rather then use it for a drink, I'm going to put a fresh fruit salad in it.



This sweet little red and white polka dot pitcher was found at TJ Maxx also. It was in the clearance section for $2.99 also. I just added a little bit of the fabric on the handle and added some white hydrangeas from my garden.

The little cherry salt and pepper shakers came from Debra's Cottage. I love that shop! So many unique things there.



The double runners also serve as place mats.



I love these glasses. I got them at Debra's Cottage awhile ago too. Little cherries are hand painted.

Now I surely won't be having wine with breakfast but I will enjoy my juice in this glass.



The cherry plates have a slight wave to them. You can sort of see it here in this picture.



I just had to show you another shot of these cute salt and pepper shakers. I love them.



For napkins I used the same material as the runners. These are very easy to make and I recommend you try making your own if you have not yet done so. You don't even have to sew them. You can use iron hem tape.

For those who want to know here is where I purchased everything:

Red dinner plates - K-Mart
Cherry salad plates - TJ Maxx
Red Flatware - Target
Cherry Wine glasses - Debra's Cottage
Table runners and napkins - I made them with material from Joann's
Napkin rings - Pier One Imports
little glass with red bottom used as fruit dish - Gift from friend
Red and white pitcher - TJ Maxx
Cherry Salt and Pepper shakers - Debra's Cottage

I'm going to link up to Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Plus stop by there and check out all the great tablescapes if you have not yet done so.


Photobucket

23 comments:

Sue said...

Love all your cherries...the dinner plates remind me of Mary Emmerling and her "Life is just a Chair of Bowlies"....and as I was reading down the post I was eyeballing all your past tablescapes on your sidebar....I have to come back and see all your wonderful dishes....looks like you have a wonderful collection...

Kathleen said...

That is adorable. Great runner and napkins goes so well with the cherries..Love those plates!
Very cheerful table!

Lori Lucas said...

I love your red/white/black table. I have a set of red dishes and I have been waiting to do a table with them. I love how you used yours. I also like that you shop the places I can afford! My kind of table! Lori L

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Joanne...how adorable your tablescape is. Those salt and peppers are cuter than cute! The plates also...and the material! I should send you my trash can and stools..lol..
All of it is so Springtime and Summer! I have enjoyed Summer so much more since I have begun blogging.
YOU went to Temecula? My sister and I meet there and shop and have lunch. I love that place! So cute.
When are we going to get another update on your weightloss and a full length picture?
I would love to take you to the bakery again..but...NOT the place for weight watchers! :)
Love and hugs..oh...and I have a picture for you. Please email me so I'll have your email address.

And...my giveaway never arrived. :)
Not to worry. I just wanted to let you know as I got the idea you and she had a bargain. Never even heard from her.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty your cheerful cherry tablescape is! Love all the cherry touches - reminds me of Mary Englebrite.

a quiet life said...

cute pieces~

Anonymous said...

Oh, your table is adorable! I'm like you, I love the fabric! You picked the right dishes for it! those little salt and peppers are jus tso cute.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Connie said...

Aaaaaaccckkkk, how cute is that, honey! Very original.
xoxo,
Connie

The Charm of Home said...

I really like the vintagey 30's feel with the cherry tablescape. It is fabulous! And it looks really great on your black table.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Joanne, I just adore those cute cherries! This table is just so fresh and fun with your dishes and linens. And I love your red flatware, too. You really did well with these dishes. Wish I had spotted some at our TJ Maxx. Don't you love that store?

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lynn said...

Really fun, love the S&P shakers too!

Unknown said...

So pretty runners, and the cherry plates are great. Very beutiful setting to have breakfast.

Hugs
Charo

A 2 Z said...

Hi Joanne,

Its all so beautiful. The red against the black table is striking. The plates, the glasses, the salt and pepper shaker and everything else all match perfectly. I cant wait to go to Provence and buy linens. At least its an easier item to carry than dishes LOL Thanks for sharing!

Anne-Marie

Tracy F. said...

This is just too cute!! The cherry s&p shakers are wonderful! Love your blog!

Barbara said...

I love how cheery and cherry this is! :) You have inspired me to try some tablerunners. What a great idea! Your dinnerware is so pretty and reminds me of Mary Engelbreit.

Tricia said...

LOVE the cherry theme! I love anything and everything with cherries, and this table is MAJOR eye candy for me! Great idea to use that wonderful fabric for two runners and napkins. I really want to try my hand at that soon. The salt and pepper cherries are darling!

Red Couch Recipes said...

What a cute breakfast table you pulled together...it is very cherry and very cheerful! I love the cherry plates and all the linens! Those red dinner plates...I could really use them a lot! Joni

Unknown said...

Such cheery cherries :)

Blessings!
Gail

Denise Marie said...

adorable cherry scape!! love it and love your bloggie bling.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

It is an amazing "cherryscape"...loving everything especially those s & p shakers...they're divine!!!

Lorilee said...

Beautiful! I always say that I will spend some time really coordinating my table "someday". What I really need is more storage space for dishes! Your tablescapes are such a source of inspiration.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Linda Q said...

This is darling, perfect for Summer! But then I love RED anything. To cute, very cheery, one of my favs this week!
Linda

Miss Janice said...

This is absolute adorable. I love the red and black, the cherry motif, and everything. Just my style! Precious!