Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MY GARDEN INSPIRED TABLESCAPE



I didn't have a clue what to do for my Tablescape this week. At first I was thinking yellow and whites. Then when that didn't thrill me, I thought yellow and browns. Nope, that didn't work either.

Then as I was looking outside at my flowers I thought I would make an arrangement and go from there.

This is the arrangement that started it all.



I wasn't sure where to go from there. I remembered I had purchased several different kinds of material to make tablecloths and napkins. I dug through my pile and found this material. I quickly got to work.

I knew this was going to make a perfect setting as the pinks were the same color as the pinks in my flowers.

I found the material at a discount fabric store near me. It was only $1.00 a yard!



Today, I was watching Sandra Lee. I love when she does her Tablescapes and I often find some cute ideas to use on my own Tablescapes.


Today, I noticed she placed her napkins across the plate sideways and I loved it. So I stole that idea and used it today.



I used the same aqua plates I used for my Cinco de Mayo Tablescape. They look completely different at this setting, don't you agree?



I put the aqua plates on top of my white lace chargers to give them more of a romantic flair and not look so bulky.

I think the clear handle flatware works well as I didn't want to take away from all the pretty colors in the napkin and table cloth. Yet, it gives the table a little sparkle.



I had the pitcher that I used as a vase for awhile now. I got it at TJ Maxx. The cute little candle holders I got from my good friend as a gift. They are not milk glass but they sort of look like they are.



I didn't purchase one new thing for this Tablescape. I had everything. It was fun to just pull things together from what I had and try to put it all together.



Here is another shot of the pretty flowers that started it all. There are white and pink roses, white and pink hydrangeas and several other flowers that I used as filler flowers. I don't know the first thing about arranging flowers but I think this came out rather nice.



I got these little covered ramekins at Marshall's. I use these for different things. Like individual servings of macaroni and cheese, desserts or at breakfast for egg casseroles.



I kept this tablescape pretty simple as the print on the tablecloth and napkins is so bold. I didn't want to cover it up.



I really like the colors of the aquas and pinks together.



I'm going to link up with Tablescape Thursdays over at Between Naps on the Porch. If you have not yet gone there, be sure to do so. You will really enjoy all the lovely Tablescapes everyone puts together.

Photobucket

28 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I LOVE Sandra Lee and I have her book! This is the time of my life for "almost homemade" that's for sure.
Your tablescape is simple adorable!
WHEN are we going to see a photo of your new you!! :) I am so happy for you. I am as ..um..chubby as ever..and I need to get motivated. I think it's my age...and that should NOT be a reason to let myself go!

Anyway...I love your tablescape. It's...perfect!!!
Hugs,
Mona

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the shade of blue you are using...like a robins egg blue. So pretty. It's amazing how you can use the blue plates in something festive last week and then in something so feminine this week. I love everything!

xoxo
Jane

Lynn said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love Sandra Lee and get lots of good ideas from her too. Your tablescape is gorgeous. The colors are so pretty. I am in love with your lace chargers. So pretty. Love & blessings from NC!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I really love your beautiful table! What great colors, the tablecloth you made is fabulous and I love the dishes and little ramekins!
Great job on the centerpiece, it's all quite lovely!

Elyse said...

hi joanne,

what a beautiful table! the blues and pops of pinks are lovely. and you made the tablecloth and napkins? wow!

i did a few tablescape thursdays. they are so fun. it almost gets obsessive -- always thinking -- what can i do next. so fun.

xo
elyse

The Tablescaper said...

It is amazing how you can start out not knowing what you're doing for a tablescape and then come up with one that is amazing!!! I can't believe you got that material so cheap. It is gorgeous!!! the flowers are most amazing as well. Just love the entire thing.

- The Tablescaper

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is amazingly beautiful! I love roses and love these colors! I really like the napkins sideways -- that Sandra Lee! She's always got great ideas. And you've really done and beautiful tablescape.

Kathleen said...

How beautiful! I love the colors in the cloth, and you beat me by 75 cents a yard. The flowers are gorgeous, and your little covered bowls adorable!
Lovely table, just perfect!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Joanne, I just love this! The colors in that cloth and the dishes and the flowers! Beautiful! Great job!

Happy Tablescape Thursday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Miss Merry said...

Your linen is one of my favorite fabrics! I love those pastels that remind me of the 1940's. Your aqua plates look amazing with the fabric, too. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love the floral print. It's so classic. Your arrangement is beautiful and placing the napkins makes so much sense because that's really how you lay them in your lap, right?

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

This is so pretty! Your flower arrangement was a terrific inspiration! I thought your tablecloth must be April Cornell and then you said you made it! Gorgeous! The aqua plates look wonderful with it and the pink touches. I might copy you and Sandra Lee with that napkin idea! The covered ramekins are lovely!

DD

Pellie / Penny said...

I just love this tablescape. The blue of the fabric and the flowers - oh my it really speaks to me.
Hugs.
Penny

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh Joanne! I LOVE this table setting! So sweet and refreshing! When is the tea party? I will be there!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Gone said...

What a beautiful tablescape Joann. I love the colors and the ROSES!!!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting about our Rosie.

The breeder we got Rosie from is a reputable breeder in Indiana...and not just a "backyard breeder" like so many are. They love and care for their puppies and older dogs. We got our other 2 pups there a year ago.

We chose this breeder, because we liked the people working there and the owners. The puppies were well taken care of. Another reason we chose them was because they had the ONLY types of puppies available that do not shed...so important in my case, because of my allergies and asthma.

I did plenty of checking and investigating before we went to Indiana to see the pups the first time...and thoroughly checked the place and people out when we went there in person.

And........when I called them and talked to them the morning after we got Rosie, about how sick she was, they suggested that we see their vet...however, they are 3 hours away from us. When we told them that we were taking her to our Vet, they asked us to let them know what the Vet had to say and told us to send them the bill.

They wrote out the check yesterday, for the entire amount.

Just thought you'd like to hear something GOOD about breeders. They're not all bad.

~Blessings,
Jan

Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

Gorgeous table! I love those covered ramekins...hope I can find some just like them. My friend gave me her surger, and I would love to make my own tablecloths and napkins, but the machine sure looks complicated. Thanks for your inspiration.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Joanne, I am speachless. This fabric has such a pretty print pattern and what you made from it is adorable. I love all the details and the way you bring the pattern in it's best manner. The pretty flowers matches perfectly and so do the blue plates. Everything is perfect, charming and so natural. I just love it. And I always admire that flatware with the crystal handles. Who made this, it's great.
Really a succesful tablescape.
Greetings, Johanna

The Charm of Home said...

This is gorgeous! Very romantic. I love the flowers, the aqua, the chargers. You did a marvelous job. Funny somehow the best comes out very spur of the moment. I do that in tablescaping too. Lovely!

Bernideen said...

Lovely colors here!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

GORGEEEEEEEEOUS! I love that fabric and your table is wonderful! Beautiful job.
Blessings,
Debbie

Tricia said...

The aqua and pink color scheme is just stunning! I am going to have to go fabric shopping to try my hand at making some table linens! Thanks for the inspiration.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Beautiful! Love that fabric you used for the cloth and napkins, and the aqua and pink colors are so romantic looking. You have some gorgeous flowers, and I think your arrangement is so pretty. laurie

Carolyn said...

Your tablescape is so pretty. i love the colors in your linens and china and such a pretty bouquet too.

Carolyn

Marigene said...

Joanne, your table is simply beautiful! I just love that fabric and the flowers look wonderful against it. Thanks for sharing what is one of my all-time favorite tables.

Beth said...

Your table linens and flowers are fabulous! Love the aqua dinnerware too. Beautiful, feminine, pastels! Lovin' it!!!!

Kim said...

No wonder you were inspired by those flowers! They are beautiful! And, your tablescape is one of my all time favorites. I love the colors, the fabric, the little details!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

So shabby! Lovey tablescape!