Thursday, April 1, 2010

SEA SHORE TABLESCAPE


I love Thursdays because that means it is time to get the dishes out and start playing around.

Normally I know what I'm going to do several days before I do it. But not today. I had no idea.


At first I thought about doing my Easter Tablescape but I decided against that as I didn't want to put everything out so early.

I have been excited about the weather being so nice lately and thinking about going for walks at the beach so I went with a Tablescape that gave a beach feeling to it.


Blue and white and lots of shells, s say beach to me. I didn't have any blue tablecloths (can you believe that) so I used some material I got a few years ago at the flea market and never made anything.

It was perfect for the tablecloth.


White square plates were used as chargers. I liked the edge on these plates and they sort of have a shell feeling to them.

I got them at TJ Maxx.

I then put a blue rimmed plate on top. I got those at a thrift store. Topped the plates with a white linen napkin and used a shell napkin ring.

I purchased the napkins at Target awhile ago and the napkin rings came from EBay.


I found the blue glasses at Good Will. I got them thinking I would use them for 4Th of July but they were perfect for this Tablescape too.



For the centerpiece I used a tray that has a weathered look to it. I found this at Joann's. They have a whole beach section there with lots of cute things.

I added a jar full of shells. The jar came from TJ Maxx years ago and the shells I got from a shell store that is near me. They sell every kind of shell you can think of there and they are so cheep!

A blue candle wrapped with a strand of pearls and a mini star fish leaning up against it was also on the tray as well as a cute little couple dressed in vintage beach attire that I found at Ross finished off the centerpiece.


All the shells are real except the big sand dollar. It's actually meant to hang on a wall but I just leaned it up against the tray. It looks pretty real.


This cute milk glass shell dish came from a thrift store. I found it last year. I love it and use it whenever I can.


I was lazy today and didn't want to iron the napkins so they are not that crisp look you can get when you take your time. However, the beach reminds me a lazy day and so the un-ironed napkins were fine with me today.


Here is a better look at that sweet couple. I just love the smiles on their face.

You can see the candle better in this picture. The pearls are just an old faux pearl necklace that I have had for years.


Don't you think the white plate boarder has a shell feel to it? Or, maybe rippling waves?


I really like this tablescape and hope you too.

I'm linking up to Tablescape Thursdays over at Between Naps on the Porch. If you have not yet gone over there, please go. There are so many wonderful ideas you can get from all the tablescapes.

Photobucket

15 comments:

santamaker said...

I'm a big coastal fan...this is so fresh and pretty!

Jackie said...

Very Beachy lovely...

Connie said...

Having lived most of my life in California I'm especially drawn to the seashore, sweetpea. I find this table setting most refreshing! Just relaxing and sooooo very pretty.
xoxo,
Connie

Rach said...

I like that! I can almost hear the waves.

Marigene said...

I love all the different shades of blue in your tablescape, beautiful! The little nautical couple are adorable.

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh how wonderful! I am a beach fan, love it all!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Beautiful tablescape. So pretty!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Kathleen said...

I love it, Joanne! I can't wait to do a beach table, but it is still too cold here..
I love those napkin rings and that couple is wonderful!
Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous beach themed tablescape, for those of us who love the beach we can never start to early in the season. Have a great Easter.

Lana said...

This is fantastic!!! I love coastal pieces and this so makes me want to run to the beach!
Hugs, Lana

Margie said...

Aah! So relaxing, I thought I was at the beach for a minute:) I love everything about your beautiful table! Happy Easter!~Margie

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Very nice tablescape - I think I am able to smell the sea. I like this blue shades combined with sea shells. Very nice, airy and fresh.

Wish you a happy Easter.
Johanna

Debbie said...

Gorgeous as always! You are a master at decorating. I blogged about your giveaway and left a link to your blog and the cupcake gal!!

Debbie said...

Whoops....I guess my third one is letting you know again that I am already a follower to your blog? I'll be back!!

Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

Joanne, I absolutely LOVE your sea side table scape!!! I get soooo excited when I find a soulmate out there. Last night I pulled out all of the stuff I bought in FL last month and started taking pics to post on Tablescape Thursday. I was so pleased when I saw that you had left a comment on my blog. Stop by again!