Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BEACH TABLESCAPE



I sure picked a strange day to do a beach theme tablescape. It's cold, windy and I'm sure it's going to rain soon.

Oh well, we can still pretend we are at the beach.



Since it was about 6:30pm when I started to take my photos they are sort of dark and the colors are not as pretty as they are in person.

The dinner plates are a pale aqua blue and I got them at TJ Maxx. Then I found the the same color salad plates with shells on them at Kohl's on sale a few months ago. However, I was just there again today and they still have this set and they are on sale again.



I wish you could see the tablecloth in person. It's so pretty. The pale aqua blue sort of shimmers and the stripes of cream and browns are textured.

I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I found it at the thrift store. It was brand new and still in the package.

Oh, except there was a little problem. It's not a tablecloth at all. It's actually a curtain.

However, it fits the table just fine and no one will ever know.



Today I got a little package in the mail and it was these darling napkin rings. They remind me of sea urchins. I knew they would be perfect on this tablescape. I found them on EBay.

The flatware is a clear crystal with silver. Well, wait a minute. It's not actual crystal and silver. It's actually a clear hard plastic or something that looks like crystal and the silver is stainless steal.

I thought they were pretty and for $9.99 for the whole set, I couldn't pass them up. They will go with just about any type of tablescape. I found them at Ross.



Oh no, I almost forgot to light the candles for you. There. That's better.



Do you see the seahorse candle holders? They came from Kohl's too. I thought they were so cute and I fell in love as soon as I first saw them.

The candles were being sold at Kohl's too and were so cheep I had to get them too. I love the way the different colors are on the candle and even though it's hard for you to tell, the colors are perfect with the tablescape. Yes the little star fish and jute came with the candles. I think that's what caught my eye really.



These glasses are darling. They are nice weight too. I really like them. Star fish are so sweet looking. I love the deeper aqua color on these too. Another item on sale at Kohl's.

They also have some that look very close to these at Pier One but they cost more.



Here is an over all shot with the lights turned off.

Looking outside makes it look like it's a nice summer day. It's actually just the reflection of the pool.



Normally, when I set up my Tablescapes I do eat breakfast, lunch or dinner that same day. However, we already ate so we won't be eating here tonight.

Maybe tomorrow?



This little shell serving dish would be great to use for salad dressing. It's not real big and I also think it's a good size for whipped cream to use on dessert.



The little beach pail is full of shells. The pail came from Kohl's also and the shells are ones I've had for years.



It's hard to tell but the little candles are pale aqua blue candles inside of a real shell. I got them at Pier One Import in the clearance section for only 79 cents.

They would make a cute favor for your guest to take home.

If I were going to give them as gifts, I would wrap them up in some cello paper or sheer material and tie it up with a bow and a little shell. It's all about the presentation.

I really like to have little favors for my guest to take home. It's not about how much you spend on the gift. It's just a nice thought knowing that they are taking home a little bit of your time together.

What are some the favors you have given or received as a favor?

I hope you enjoyed this tablescape. I enjoyed putting it together for you.

I'm linking up to Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. If you have not yet stopped by there you really will want to do so. There are so many different tablescapes and each one is lovely.

Photobucket

24 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

just beautiful! we are celebrating my sis-in-laws 40th b'day at the beach this summer...this would be perfect!

kerry

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty! Beautiful colors! Love the "tablecloth!" what a good idea to use a curtain! I'll have to try that! I have that same flatware, love it. The seahorse candlesticks are the cutest! Great job!

Katherine

The Charm of Home said...

I love the beach! I would love to sit at this table. It is awesome. I like all the details you created. The little beach pail, the seahorses, the seashells strewn about the table. It is wonderful.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your tablescape is beautiful. I love the seahorse candle holders. Too cute! Love & blessings from NC!

illini89 said...

Very nice!

Erin said...

Beautiful! I have some seashell plates and want to do a beachy table and you have inspired me! I love your flatware, too!

Creations By Cindy said...

What a darling beach theme. Love the flatware. Be blessed. Cindy

Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

Love your beachy tablescape. I keep waiting for our weather to improve so I can actually use mine outside by the water. I do love the pieces you have selected..and that darling little shell bowl is on my shopping list. Hope you have a chance to stop by my blog. I posted a beach theme last week, and the rest of my aqua platters (which I plan to use as salad plates) arrived from Kohls.com this week..just bring on the heat!

Tammy518 said...

I always love a beach tablescape. Yours is very pretty. I've got some of the beachy dishes from Kohl's also. I'll have to look for the seahorse candleholders.

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Your tablescape is so beautiful. I was working on a "beach tablescape" this week myself for a future post. You have given me so much inspiration, I love everything and the seahorse candlesticks are my favorite. I love that you used a curtain for the table covering, so pretty. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment on my Patriots' Day table. I am now following your awesome blog. Have a wonderful day!
Hugz,
Kim

a quiet life said...

wonderful pieces, that seahorse is calling me~

Rach said...

Nice! We are leaving for Mexico in less than 3 weeks, can't wait.

I'm beginning to wonder where you store all these wonderful dishes!

Chubby Chieque said...

Pretty!

Tricia said...

The cool aqua plus cream and tan is such a soothing color combination! You have done a beautiful job of pulling together items from different sources to create a lovely table. It could be featured in a store or magazine!

Unknown said...

Hello, your beach table wonderful, love your dishes, I can feel the sea.

Hugs
Charo

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Joanne! Love the aqua with the brown and cream...to me it is calming.

vignette design said...

Love your beachy tablescape with the soft aquas. Those candlesticks are adorable too!

The Tablescaper said...

Great tablescape, eventhough I'm not in a beach frame of mind yet. Love the curtain. I always like using something in a different way than what it was intended to be.

- The Tablescaper

The Style Sisters said...

I love beach tablescapes and this is beautiful! The colors of the plates are so pretty. I love the your glasses. The color of the tablcloth..I love stripes. Really really nice!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

So many coordinating beachy pieces! They all look wonderful and it must be so fun to be able to set a table like that. I can't believe you got that gorgeous tablecloth (curtain) for such a deal - it goes with your theme perfectly. What a great backdrop to see your pool behind your table!

DD

bj said...

ummm, I LOVE this pretty setting. Beachy things are always so fresh and clean looking. I love your dishes.

I have wondered how Gene is doing.
xo bj

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Great tablescape! I can almost feel the sand between my toes.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Joanne, Your tablescape is a stunning combination. That plates are olovely, I have never seen them before. And you got so much perfect matching additions, it's really amazing. I love your table.
Greetings, Johanna

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

This is so beautiful. I just love the seahorses!!!!