Monday, April 12, 2010

INTRODUCING YOU TO THE BABIES!



The babies were out and about today. Momma couldn't seem to keep them hidden under her. So I quickly got my camera and ran out to click a few photos so you can see the babies.


It looks like she only had two babies. Could be another one under her but I'm not sure. They seem to be growing so fast. I don't know how much longer they can all fit in that nest.


They have down feathers and look kind of funny still. But they are so cute.


I'm really surprise momma bird doesn't seem to be scared of me at all. She lets me get so close to her. I think she would even let me pet her. But, I won't try as I don't want to scare her.


I got about 6 inches away from her to get these photos and she didn't make a sound or move at all.

I think she knows I won't hurt her. I talk to her every day so maybe she is used to me.


It rained super hard and was very windy last night. I was worried about her and the babies. But, it seems like they are fine. She is up high and tucked under the eve of the house in a corner so maybe the rain didn't get to her very much up there.

I can't wait until she starts to teach her babies to fly.


I'm going to be sad when they fly away for good though. I'll miss them.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

awww! I love them! I get so attached to my birds too! The goose on the pond is nesting now!

hugs
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Blondie's Journal said...

What a little sweetheart she is. She looks like she is smiling (probably because the end is near!!). The babies are adorable. I love how doves like to build their nests on our homes...makes it so nice to watch them.

Great pictures!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Kathleen said...

Aww.so cute!

Rach said...

Cute! What a pretty momma too!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What sweet babies!!! The house where I Nanny had wrenns that were born over the weekend. I want to try and get their picture tomorrow. They are just little gray fuzzballs. So cute!! Love & blessings from NC!

suzeeez said...

Wow, what beautiful photos! Great job... I just love doves and I've never seen their babies.Thank you. Sue

Tina Schiefer said...

These little ones are so cute. We have two birds, a big blue and gold macaw and a little Hahns Macaw, and they do love to be talked to. She/he probably is used to you talking to her and is calm.

I was sad when our little outside brood flew the coop too. At least I got to see them leave. They made such a ruckus!

I can't find your email address...
I've got a ghost story for ya.