Friday, April 9, 2010

ICE BUCKET TURNED PLANTER & THRIFT FIND


Yesterday I showed the centerpiece I used in my Tablescape. It was an ice bucket that I put flowers in.



Today, I thought I would show you what it looks like as the ice bucket it really is.

I love this piece! I collect milk glass and this is my favorite piece I own. I have never seen one like it and I have no idea what it is worth, if anything.

I found it at a Thrift Store awhile ago and was thrilled when I did. I had it in my garage for a long time and actually forgot about it. Until I went in there to clean up a bit and came across it.

It used to be easy to find milk glass at Thrift Stores but not so much any more and when I do find any it's normally a vase. Plus they raised the prices up a lot!


I also thought I would show you my latest Thrift store find.


I had seen these on Pier One Imports web site and really wanted to get a set. I went to three different Pier Ones and couldn't find them. They had them in black and a yellow gold but not the red.

So when I saw them I got really excited!


I don't think they have ever been use. They still have the original price tag on them from Pier One.

They weren't very expensive to begin with but my excitement came from not being able to find them and now here they were. Plus at more then 1/2 price!


I love birds. I love red. These plates are perfect for me. I can't wait to use them in a Tablescape. I think in the summer when we are having dinner outside would be great.

If you had these, how would you do your Tablescape?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love milk glass and like you, I only seem to see it in vases.

I saw the Pier I dishes in yellow...love them all. The red is pretty though. Glad you found them and at a deal!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I collect milk glass too. I have never seen an ice bucket like yours. So pretty!! Love your red dishes too. Love & blessings from NC!

Unknown said...

so jealous! I want the bird plates so bad! Love them!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration