Wednesday, April 7, 2010

FLOWERS EVERYWHERE TABLESCAPE


It's time for another Tablescape Thursday that is hosted by Beyond Naps on the Porch. I love Thursdays so I can go visit and see every ones great tablescapes and pick up hints and ideas that I can use.



Seeing all the wild flowers on my hike was my inspiration for my tablescape today. Flowers, flowers everywhere!


I even got to use my bee napkin ring holders that I got not to long ago. After all, where there are flowers, there must be bees.


I found these great red Poppy plates awhile ago at Ross. They were super cheep as they were on clearance so I couldn't pass them up.


I started with the tablecloth and napkins I got at Kohl's when they were having their 50% off sale. I loved all the bright colors of the different flowers and knew someday I would use it for a floral tablescape.


For the center piece I used a milk glass ice bucket that I was thrilled when I found it at a thrift store a long time ago. I've never seen one before and still have yet to see another one like it.

I put some red geraniums in there and thought it was perfect for this table scape.


The red charger plates came from K-Mart and I've used them before. The red flatware came from Target. They have great prices on flatware. This set of four was only $9.99. It comes in other colors too.

The glasses are from Macy's. I got them free. Well, free to me. I had gone to Laughlin several months ago and entered a drawing for Macy's gift card. I actually won!

The little lady bug dish was a clearance item from Kohl's.


Oh, I also used a white bird as part of the center piece. I got him as a gift a few years back. Normally, in the Spring/Summer months he is found in my living room.


Of course my little white bird salt and pepper shakers were used. So was a pretty red basket/bowl I found at Ross or TJ Maxx. I can't remember.

I think this is a very cheerful tablescape. Bright colorful flowers screams spring to me! Now if only my garden was this pretty...

Photobucket

18 comments:

Miss Janice said...

Love the "Flowers Everywhere" tablescape. Love the chargers, the plates, the red flatware and red edge goblets. Love those precious napkin rings also. It's all so cute:) Thank you soooo much for remembering my friend Jan in your prayers. It means so much to me!

Sonny G said...

I enjoyed looking at your bright and cheerful red tablescape.. very pretty..

Sonny

Lynn said...

What a happy tablescape, I love everything. The colors are so fun!

Sonia said...

Oh I love this...the red poppy plates are beautiful..I actually have a little teapot with poppies on it..i would have so bought these plates too if I had seen them! The linen and glassware are so pretty! One of my favorite tablescapes! Thanks for sharing!

Miss Bloomers

Anita Diaz said...

I LOVE the flowers, and that they are red is even better!! Love those plates and the napkin rings and too cute! Just beautiful!!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Very nice. I love this bright red of the plates. And you have choosen the perfect tablecloth and napkins for this dishes. Thats not easy. For me it looks like summer and sun.

Marigene said...

Oh, oh, oh...I ♥♥♥ your bright and cheery red/white table...those dishes are gorgeous! The bee napkin rings are adorable.

Joyce said...

Happy table but I am in LOVE with those cute bee napkin rings. Lucky you to own them.
Joyce

Tricia said...

Your poppy dishes are SO pretty! They really stand out on those red chargers, and I love all the other red elements you've included. I must look for some of that flatware at Target!

Chubby Chieque said...

What a great tablescaping. So gorgeous with your colour combination.

Happy TS...

Pellie / Penny said...

Such a wonderful tablescape - the lovely bright red makes everything just seem to pop. It's happy and fun and it makes me want to sit right down and join you for lunch?
I also love your bee napkin rings. I have always liked the industrious little bee as a decorative item, They make me smile.
Hugs,
Penny

Sarah said...

Nothing like dining in a garden of flowers. Love your table with all its cheerful red accents.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a fun tablescape. So bright and cheerful!!! The red plates are beautiful. Love & blessings from NC!

Ann said...

I love red and your table just sings to me!! Thanks for posting a fantastic tablescape. :)

Erin said...

Oh I love the bright red colors you used! Makes me feel so cheery. That lady bug dish is adorable too!

Kathleen said...

Oh that is so pretty and different! I love the dishes and the cloth..Everything goes so well together..
Great job, Joanne!

Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

I LOVE those bright red poppies plates and all the accessories. What a fun tablescape. Thanks for sharin!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty your garden grows on your table -- love all those flowers.