Monday, February 1, 2010

I LOVE NAPKIN RINGS!


I don't know when or how my obsession with napkin rings came into play. I love them and always keep my eye out for them wherever I go.

I love these pearl ones I got at TJ Maxx. They were in the clearance section. I just couldn't leave them behind.


These little vintage flower ones I bought off EBay. There is a set of 6 of them and two are white flowers, two are pink flowers and two are blue.


When I found these darling 101 Dalmatians napkin rings I had to get them. I just love that little face. Plus I thought they would be fun to use with my black and white polka dot plates.


I got 12 of these pretty silver roses off EBay. I don't know why they came out looking kind of old and dirty. They don't in person. Guess it was the light.


These Eiffel Tower rings were from Target in the dollar section. But, I think they were $2.00 for a pack of two. Why do they call it the dollar section when things are often more then $2.00?

Anyway, you can't see the detail in this photo but they are really cute. Silly me, I hit the delete button on the picture I wanted to use. I was to lazy to go take more photos.

I have both black and white ones of these. Perfect for that Paris party!


Summer time will be the perfect time to use these cute little hand painted watermelon napkin rings.


These little blue birds make me smile. I can't wait until Spring so I can have a a luncheon outside and set the table with birds and bird houses.


These flowers are made out of some kind of material. They weren't my favorite but they were only 50 cents so I had to get them. I think they will look cute on a table set up out in the garden.


I also have a set of different tea pots. Each one is different. I have wanted a set like these for a long time and so when I came across them I was thrilled.

Perfect for a tea party or just when you have a friend over and share a few cookies while talking.


I have not used these little bunny ones yet. I got them for Easter this year. I think they are sweet and love the little wreath of flowers around their neck.


Now to be fully honest with you, I HATE bugs. But for some reason I keep thinking about a table set with cute bugs. (yes there is such a thing as cute bugs)
When I saw these bug napkin rings I grabbed them as the start to that tablescape.

There are four different bugs and each one is a bright cheerful looking bug.

Here is one other one in the bug set. Ohhhhh, I just had another thought! A lady bug theme tablescape would be darling too.


I've shared that I'm having a small luncheon for Valentine's Day. Well, I didn't have any heart napkin rings. So I searched EBay. I kept getting out bid on the ones I wanted.

Then I found these. Simple but cute for my table theme this year. Luckily I won them. They were only $1.99 for four of them! Not bad huh?


Are you tired of looking at my napkin rings? OK, I'll just show you one more set that I have. I got this set of flag ones just today in the mail. Another EBay purchase. It's never to early to start stocking up for holiday tables.

These can be used for all sorts of tablescapes. Of course 4th of July. Then there is President's Day, Memorial Day or a Patriot table.

I'm sure I'll get lots of use from these.

While I have several more sets I will stop here. Otherwise you may fall asleep by how long this post can get.

I would love to see some of your napkin rings!

Someday I want to start to collect vintage sterling silver ones. Most of the time you can only find one left out of the set but I think a table set with all different ones would be fun.

Are you a lover of napkin rings or do you prefer to go without them?

I think they make great hostess gifts and party favors. They can be found for very little money but if you get the theme of the table then your friends/family can remember that fun night every time they use them.

They are also a fun thing to collect when you travel. Sometimes buying things when you travel end up being thrown out but napkin rings can be used over and over again.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Lorilee said...

Wow, you have quite a collection! I don't think I own any napkin rings. I do have cloth napkins and have saved instructions for various ways to fold them!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Fifi Flowers said...

WOW! These are GREAT!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have some wonderful napkin rings that my Grandmother made for me. One set is ceramic Christmas trees and the other set are Santa Clauses. They are so special to me because she made them herself and she is no longer living. I loved seeing all your sweet napkin rings. Love & blessings from NC!

Rach said...

Very pretty ! What a great variety.

Anonymous said...

I have no napkin rigns, I tend to just use ribbon to match my table cloth. - you have inspired me - I am off to hunt on ebay.

Karen said...

I also love napkins rings. I love the ceramic flower ones. I was so excited to see the plate that you used with them. That pattern is my Mother's wedding dishes that my grandmother bought as a wedding gift for her and my Dad. I remember washing and drying them when I was a little girl. Several years ago, she gave me all that was left of the set - one plate and one platter. I have searched flea markets and E-Bay and have actually collected enough to set a small table. Now I need to find those napkin rings!

Unknown said...

Wow, I absolutely loved your site. I too collect napkin rings. It was nice of you to let people know where you can purchase these little treasures at super prices.
Anna from NC