Monday, January 18, 2010

SNEAK PEAK OF VALENTINE'S DAY LUNCHEON

I was sent an email from a fellow blogger asking me how I was going to do my Valentine's Day Luncheon and still stay on my budget. So, I thought I would give you all a little sneak peak of what I'm working on.


Since I'm a big planner, I start collecting items for my parties way ahead of time. I found these cute plates at Home Goods before Christmas and purchased them. So, that was before I went on my budget of little or no spending.

Even so, I bought very little and what I did get didn't cost me much.


The plates gave me the color theme of red and white with black. I decided to purchase just the smaller salad plates and I knew I was going to use my square black and white polka dot plates under them.

The salad plates were only $3.99 each.

I had purchased these plates at TJ Maxx for my Halloween Witch Luncheon so I already had them. So, they cost me nothing and they fit in my plan of using what I already have.


I also found this beautiful heart ornament at Home Goods at Christmas time. I almost didn't buy it but I went back the next day because I thought about it all night and how it would go great with my Valentine's Day tablescape.

Good thing I went back then because it was the only one still left. All the other ones were already purchased the night before. I was a bit sad because I was planning on getting more so they could be at each place setting but now that I only have the one I'll use it as part of the centerpiece.

It was going to be the hostess gift for everyone to take home but now I'll have to come up with something else.

I can't remember what I paid for this as I had already taken the price tag off but I feel like I've saved money by only being able to buy the one.



I always go to the clearance section of TJ Maxx, Home Goods and Marshall's. You never know what they will have.

I went to Marshall's after Christmas and found this darling little cherub candle holder. I thought it would go nicely on my Valentine's Day table. It was only $3.99.

I think I'll paint it though, either white, red or black.

Then I purchased another one of the plates I had gotten months before. They only had two of the bigger plates. I thought it was perfect to glue to the cherub candle holder and make it into a serving plate.


What do you think? Should I use it as a serving piece of just use it as a candle holder and use the plate flat on the table?

I have lots more pretty ideas for this table but I can't give it all away so early. You'll just have to wait to see the finished table when it gets closer to Valentine's Day.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Rach said...

What a cute christmas candle holder. It's a perfect cupid for V-Day. I like it as a service piece.

I'm hosting a "Chick Flick & Chocolate Night" for my February party.

Barb said...

Hi Joanne,

Your Valentine luncheon will be a success. Everything looks so lovely.

Thank you for keeping my family in your prayers. My MIL lives in Co. so hubs has been doing some commuting.
We really do appreciate your prayers.

big hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the plate elevated on the cupid candleholder for your party, it adds so much interest to different levels. Why not use floral clay to attach them together temporarily? Then you can use them individually later if you want to. Have a great Valentine's Day!