Sunday, January 18, 2009

GOLF THEME PARTY

Kendra over at My Insanity http://meandmyinsanity.blogspot.com/ has been hosting a blogoversary Party Party where everyone is showing different parties they have given. Be sure to click on over to her blog to see lots of other ideas.

So it has gotten me thinking about parties I've had in the past.

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to come up with different theme parties. I can't think of anything I would rather do then to plan a party, hunt for little items to make the party special and then to see the plan come together.

This was for my brother in law, Jeff's, birthday one year. He loves to golf so it was easy to come up with his theme.


I found a great table cloth that looked like grass. That was the start of the table setting. Then I hunted for little treasures to perk it up even more.

I took a cheep glass vase and filled it with golf balls and tees then added flowers to it and a ribbon around the vase that says golf. I found the ribbon in the scrap booking section.

I got little chocolate balls wrapped to look like golf balls and tossed them around.

I also used a few little gift items to decorate the table. Things like a note pad that had a golf theme, a little trinket box in the shape of a golf ball.



I even found an ice cube mold in the shape of golf balls for our drinks. Little dimples and all.

I got the crazy straws and told him that was the way I knew the ball went when he hit it. Of course there were little golf napkins too.



Since his birthday is right after Valentine's time I was lucky enough to find these boxes full of mini snickers in a golf theme box. These got wrapped up in cello and tied with the same golf ribbon used on the vase. They made great little take home gifts for all the guests.



For dessert we used these cute golf theme plates and the fork was wrapped up in another golf theme napkin that had a ribbon and tee attached to each one.


Even the birthday presents were wrapped in golf theme paper.

Sometimes it's hard to come up with cute ideas for grown men but this one was a big hit with my brother in law.

He even had a cake that looked like a big golf ball. I didn't take a picture of that though.

What party themes have you used for parties you have given?
Photobucket

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun party theme! You are so creative! Lovin' the party themin' thing going on here on this blog lately!

Anonymous said...

What a great theme and you really was lucky to find so many things for your table. I know there were lots of comments about your party that day.

Hugs,
Chris

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Fantastic party! I love all of the details! Thanks for sharing a grow-up party, because it is easy to come up with kid parties, but sometimes harders to know what to do for grown-ups. But secretly, I think most of them enjoy the fuss as much as the kids do.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Oops! Sorry about the typos. Should read "grown-up" and "harder." I think I need a nap!

Anonymous said...

What a great party idea! I just love to have themed parties.

Irma

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Joanne; I have not even come close to the kind of party you gave.... I have really got to put on my think cap now... Great looking table, what fun.

Hugs;
Alaura

Unknown said...

Fantastic ideas , what a theme. Where on earth did you find a grass tablecloth? mishelle

Anonymous said...

So creative & fun! I love the table "cloth" :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this golf theme party! Another idea to add for those considering the same theme for an upcoming party - I created a cake for a golf theme party a couple of years ago. It was for a 40th birthday. It was a full sheet size and I used grass green icing and the icing applicator tip that has lots of holes in it that made the icing actually look like grass. I made 40 white chocolate golf balls and placed them all on the green cake. In the corner was a "smooth" section with a black icing "hole" that represented the green and it said "You're a Hole in One!" (I'd be happy to scan in a photo and send it to anyone if you can't get the visual.)