Saturday, January 3, 2009

MY AFTER GARAGE SALE FINDS

Sorry for the last post today. I've been gone all day and just got home a little while ago.

I went with my sister, Maureen, to a few thrift stores today but we didn't find one thing that we wanted.

Seems like it's getting to be more and more like that at our thrift stores. Even when we do find something we want the item is often marked much to high to even buy.

We then went over to a friend of ours house. We both had borrowed some items from her for a Victorian Tea outing and we wanted to return them.

Well as luck would have it, she had just had a garage sale and had boxes of stuff still in her living room. So, we both went through everything and I found some great vintage linens.

I found this cute little tablecloth. It's white linen with a green hand cross stitch design on it.

Someone spent hours on this. I couldn't pass this up.

Then I came across this hand made table runner in green and white. I started to see a theme happening here.

I'm not a big green fan. Well, I like the color green but I don't really decorate in green. At least not this color green.


But, then I saw this poking out from under some items.


It needs to be ironed. But it was such nice work and with all the green items I thought about decorating for St. Patrick's Day.

I have several tea cups and saucers with clover designs so I think I'm going to have a St. Patrick's Day tea party this year.

I also found this cute vintage hankie in white with green. Since my pile was so far green and white I couldn't leave this behind. So in the stack it went.


With the tea party on my mind I then came across this sweet embroidered tea theme tablecloth.


There are tea cups, tea pot and a sugar bowl on the corners and little sayings in between.
I love this one.



Then a pretty linen tablecloth with hand embroidery done in blues stood out.



The tablecloths are all small ones so I'll either use them on my small outside table or I will just angle them over a larger tablecloth and use them for the center of the table in the dinning room.

The last tablecloth I got was also a white linen hand done with pretty pink and aqua color flowers.

I need to wash these all up and iron them to make them really pretty. But, I couldn't wait to share them with you.

The tablecloths were only $2.00 each. She threw in the hankie and doily for free.

After we finished shopping we had a cup of tea and Linda offered us cookies. But, being the good girl I am I turned down the cookie.

On the way home I stopped at Target. I'll show you what I got from there tomorrow. It has a Valentine's theme to it. Some of you may want to run out and get the same things.

Seems as if I'm planning my life around holidays. But we all know, you have to get the things early because the good stuff goes fast.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

What great finds! Everything is so pretty. I would have done the same as you and bought it all. xxoo

Peggy said...

Oh my gosh I am so jealous they are all so beautiful. Vintage linens are my biggest weakness.
Peggy

Darlene said...

Oh my those are all beautiful vintage linens! Yep, I do see a St. Patricks theme going on! How fun to have already started with some neat finds!

Unknown said...

Those are some great vintage linen finds! So nice that you appreciate handmade items.

Glenda said...

Wow how lucky were you to get your hands on these. They were all labored over and well done.

Valentines Day ?? I haven't caught my breath yet from Christmas.

Ciao

Anonymous said...

Those were great finds, it seems no one does needle work anymore. My mom did all that stuff, I still have a lot of her doilies.

Hugs,
Chris

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Well Joanne I think you hit the mother-load!! They are all so lovely. I'm so glad you "saved" them from who knows what!
Loved your post on the winter beach!
Hugs, Sherry

Teresa said...

Wow, those linens are gorgeous. You lucky girl.

Teresa

Catherine said...

Great finds. I love crochet and hand embroidery. The teacup tablecloth is a beauty!

Wanita said...

What beautiful linens! I especially love the small tablecloths ~ they will be perfect for tea.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment. It's always good to make new blogging friends.

Blessings,
Wanita