Monday, January 19, 2009

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Oh, love! Sweet, lovely, romantic love. Isn't that what Valentine's Day is all about?

Who couldn't love Valentine's Day? After all, we all love someone. It could be a spouse, a family member or even a dear friend.

I've started to decorate for Valentine's Day. I got out my vintage post cards.

I put one in my picture frame in my office. I love this one. It makes me smile.

Then my bulletin board got it's make over with little notes of love.


I love vintage post cards. Some of the Valentine's Day ones are so darling. I wish we still sent these out to each other.

Just a little note dropped in the mail to let someone you know that you love them and are thinking of them.




Isn't this one with the dog darling?



And cupids! Who can resist a cute cupid?



We often think of flowers and candy as tokens of our love at Valentine's Day.

I think everyone should have fresh flowers in their house on Valentine's Day. Even if you buy them for your self or cut some from the garden.


There is nothing so tempting as a big red heart shaped box of chocolates! Sadly there will be none of those in my house this year.

But, I feel getting healthy and taking care of your heart is a wonderful way to show someone you love them. After all, they want you around for years to come.


Hand made Valentine's are always lovely too. Just taking the time to write a note to say I love you can make someones day.


So it doesn't matter, if your Valentine is your spouse, parent, sibling, child or friend, just take a minute to think of something special to show your loved one that you love them.

Valentine's Day is going to be here before you know it so let's start working on our Valentines.
Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Those valentines are all so charming and adorable, Karen! I love 'em. I have a tatted heart giveaway on my blog if you'd like to join in! Come on over!

Marie Reed said...

You have a gorgeous Valentine's collection! I really just have French cards and since Valentine's Day isn't a holiday here in France I don't have any of this cuteness:)

Glenda said...

Oh you romantic fool.

I love the vintage cards there so much better than the newer ones.

Have a lovely day.

Vickie said...

Those post cards are so sweet!

Unknown said...

Love the vintage cards! I wish you would of joined us for our old fashioned valentine card swap that I posted on my blog a couple of weeks ago, it's closed but if you'd like to swap cards between us I'd be glad to make you one and you do the same? And hey, dark chocolate is good for the heart so a little won't hurt you! lol

Anonymous said...

I love the use of vintage cards :) They're also really cute for tabletop decoration - sandwiched between a pretty tablecloth & glass topper.

Darlene said...

All of your vintage Valentine cards are so CUTE!

Unknown said...

I just came back to say thank you for your very sweet comment in entering the giveaway! You are TOOOO cute! Good luck to you, friend! :)

DEB said...

Love your vintage valentine's!

Gone said...

LOVE the VINTAGE valentines.

I'll pass on the flowers...take a HUGE heart-shaped box of Godiva Chocolates, though!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

*notice the change in our blog name? No longer Jan & Tom's Place!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely collection of Valentines you have.
Ciao

Helena