Friday, January 16, 2009

OOH LA LA A PARTY INVITATION

Every February my friend, Sandra, has a party for a bunch of women. We all get together for lunch, crafts, a gift exchange and lots of laughs.

Each year her theme is different.


This year she has picked a Paris theme. I love this theme! I've never been to Paris but I just know I would love it. It's on my dream list of places to go to.

I even want to learn to speak French. I plan on getting one of those lessons on tape that you can get. You know, the teach yourself to speak French tapes.

I don't want the French to hate me when I go over because I don't speak their language. So at least I want to show them I'm trying.

Just mention the word Paris and my mind drifts off to a storybook fantasy of romance and Heaven on Earth.

At these parties we do have a gift exchange of around $25.00. We try to stick to the theme for the gift. For some reason I'm drawing a blank! I have no idea what to buy. I don't want to get something that can't be used.

Any ideas ladies? If you were going to this party what would you hope your gift was?
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! What a treat it will be to attend. I feel the same way about Italy. I want to go so badly. Good luck with a gift. Not sure what I would take.
Lorri

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Joanne!

Check out Sherry's of Edie's Attic beautiful plaques that she sells that say "Paris" I bought one for my daughter, and it is beautiful! My daughter dreams of going to Paris someday so I'm always looking for things like that for her.
Sounds like a wonderful get together -have fun!

Hugs, Pat

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea, I need a friend like that! My dream trip is England to see the land where my Mom was from. How about a nice book on Paris? What fun!

Connie said...

How do you do it, chickee!!! I'm too pooped to party. Cute idea though.
Smooches,
Connie

Glenda said...

Bonjour, mon ami. Je pense que vous pouvez vouloir acheter cette personne quelque chose d'une memoire francaise. Je suis sur qu'il y a des memoires dans votre zone qui speacialize


au revoir mon ami

Decor To Adore said...

There are wonderful things to be found on the Palace of Versailles website. Truly lovely and authentically French!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

If I weren't on A Better Me I would wish for some of your awesome baked items!! Some Eiffel Tower cookies and chocolates... Oh I have to stop before I want lots of something I shouldn't have!!

Let us know what you get!

hugs, Sherry

Kristi Price said...

Speaking of learning French, I stumbled across "French Word a Day" blog which I really like. The woman who hosts the blog lives in France with her family and she always has fun stories to read and of course she teaches you a 'french word a day.' Check it out! http://french-word-a-day.typepad.com/

Pinknails or Fairytales said...

Pinknails or Fairytales have designed the most unique invitation and envelope for an Ooh La La Paris Party for a little girl who turned 7 years old.

Please view our website at http://albums.phanfare.com/5288177/3624663