Saturday, January 24, 2009

GOING TO THE CHAPEL

I think I may have found the worlds smallest church! This church almost looks like a playhouse you may find in your neighborhood back yard.

Not only is it small but it sits in a parking lot of a strip mall.
Seeing this I knew there had to be a story behind this church. It must be very old. Maybe it was Tustin's first little church built in the 1800's?
Looking inside you will find four little pews, a little organ, a pulpit and pretty stained glass windows that do not open. Nothing else.


The pulpit is made out what appears to be a big rock.

There is something very charming about this little church. It welcomes you in. Makes you feel peaceful. I do believe the presence of God is in there.

I noticed the news paper clipping was on the door. Oh yes, there is a story.

If you want to know what it is, click on the photo to blow up the photo and read about it. It is a sweet story.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Glenda said...

There is always a sweet reason behind things like this. It's nice to see that things can still be as they are meant to be.


Ciao

Lorilee said...

What a sweet little chapel. Still, I hate that the old home was torn down. (I adore old homes). I love the little shop you found (previous post). It looks like a place where I could wander for hours!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Ginger said...

What a neat little church. I guess if you rented it for a wedding it would definitely have to be a small wedding!!!

Tracey said...

Donna, If I hadn't already been married..is this not the cutest church you ever saw?? I love it.. I just wanted you to know that I have an award for you at my blog for all your encouragement and great attitude you possess...

Cindy said...

How cute! That's a cute history it has too!

Sunday Girl said...

I love this post, Joanne. I love learning the history of old buildings and places. Thanks for sharing it.

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Joanne

What a sweet story behind a very beautiful chapel. I think it would be a wonderful place for a couple to renew their vows, surrounded by their children.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your great ideas for my Super Bowl party. I really appreciate your thoughts. I hope you'll visit me often.

I've enjoyed my visit here and I also visited your cake blog. Oh my! What beautiful cakes.

Hugs!
Kat

Rebecca said...

That is the cutest thing! Those pews are so short! Thanks for sharing this sweet lil chapel and its story!!

Sunday Blessings,
Rebecca

Pearl said...

Ohhh I am so in love with this teeny-tiny chapel... I can see it in my dreams... tucked into the woods, near a clear running creek, with daffodils blooming everywhere... lilac bushes swaying in the wind... I'd love to live in the country and have this lil church in the back... It's just beautiful... Thanks so much for sharing this... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

What a sweet, sweet story. I love reading things like this. :)
~Michelle