Monday, January 26, 2009

CHEEP VALENTINE'S DAY DECORATING

We have this table that is the first thing you see when you walk in our house. I decided it would be kind of fun to decorate it for every holiday.

But, I didn't want to spend much money so I search around the house to see what I can come up with.


I had this Vintage book that I had found at a thrift store awhile ago. It is red so of course it's perfect for Valentine's Day. So out it came. Along with a vintage white pot I have that is filled with shells. I just added a few little glittered hearts to it.

I picked up red candles for only 39 cents at Michaels that I put in the white holders I already had.

While at Michaels I picked up these four letters to spell LOVE. I was going to paint them red and glitter them up but I liked them just white. They were only $1.29 each.

Three more of the little glitter hearts bring in a bit of red.


I had the lace heart and the rusty key. So I just added a bit of red ribbon that I had. I thought it gave the "Key to my heart" look.
I added some red cinnamon candy hearts to one of my jars and I tied some red ribbon and added another glitter heart to it.
Table is finished and I hardly spent any money. I think it was around $5.00.
Now when people walk in they can get a little Valentine's Day cheer.

I've already decided what I'm going to do for St. Patrick's Day and Easter too. You'll have to wait to see those though.
Photobucket

12 comments:

Glenda said...

Sometimes all it take is just some home shopping.

Ciao

suzeeez said...

It all looks very pretty to me. :o) Sue

Darlene said...

I LOVE your cute Valentine's decorations!

Joyce's Journey said...

Your table looks great Joanne! I love it! Funny what we can find when we look around!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of it! The starfish would look great in my house and I think the letters were a wonderful touch!
Thanks for the ideas!
-Kim

Tracey said...

Joanne,, great thinking. I love decorating not spending much money. I really have to get going on my decorating for Valentine's day.. Thursday. it's final!! I am also weighing in today at my work.. I'll let you know the results for a Bettter ME.

Jean Tuthill said...

Your table is very pretty! It really portrays a warm welcome. The letters look so good and really tie the whole thing together. I need to look for them. I did joy for Christmas, and planned to do love. I went to get them and they were out of e's. I like them sitting like that. Happy Valentine's Day!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Joanne,
I just came by for a visit. What a great blog you have. Your valentine decorations are perfect just the right touch. I guess I better get busy and put up a few valentine decorations this weekend.
Have a wonderful day,
Elizabeth

Tracy said...

Your V-Day decorations are darling! Your "key to my heart" is perfect! You've just made me want to go and get all my Valentine's stuff down! I haven't done it yet!

Anonymous said...

Now, that is the cutest little table,ever.

Hugs,
Chris

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very pretty! I'd be so tempted by that candy ...lol!

Jean Tuthill said...

Very pretty! I really like the LOVE letters and I'll have to check them out at my Michaels.