Monday, December 13, 2010

ABOUT READY FOR CHRISTMAS!

It seems like every year, I wait and wait for Christmas time to come around. Then every year I feel like it creeps up and is here before I know it.

I started out with a bang this year. I got most of my shopping done early. Presents wrapped, cards sent out, tree up up, activities with the Girl Scouts planned.

Then it happened. I started to settle down into the enjoyment of being almost finished early and able to relax and take in the Christmas cheer.

Now I feel like I'm so behind! Plus, to top it off, I have a cold.


I still need to finish up my shopping, put ribbons and bows on a lot of my presents that I didn't finish wrapping, bake cookies, make candy and finish decorating.



I was going to go to Disneyland tonight to see all the lights and partake in the fun but I just don't feel up to it. So, I'm staying home.

I'm hoping I feel well enough to take my Girl Scout Troop to feed the poor Motel kids on Friday and have their Gingerbread Christmas party on Sat.

Well, I guess tradition lives on my life. Come Christmas Eve, I'll be running around trying to get everything finished. Then I'll promise myself that next year I'll get everything finished early...though I know I won't.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

That could very well be my story. I am sorry you have a cold. Hope it all gets better. Merry Christmas.

Rach said...

Such a cozy living room! Happy Holidays.