Monday, December 6, 2010

WE WERE IN THE CHRISTMAS PARADE



This year I signed my Girl Scout Troop up to walk in the Huntington Beach Christmas parade.

The theme was snowflakes.

Doesn't Trinity look cute here as she waits for the parade to start.



I had found these cute little snowflake headbands for the girls to wear in the parade.



The Christmas parade is a time that all the boys and girls in different groups such as, Scouts, school, boys and girls clubs, dance groups and so on, can sign up to walk in the parade.



It's a pretty short parade. Only about 3-4 blocks and it ends at the Pier. Basically the parade leads everyone to the Pier to where the main activities take place.



It was a rainy night but we were very lucky that the rain stopped long enough for the parade. Just as we started to walk in the parade, the rain stopped and as we finished the rain started up again.

Down at the Pier there was music, hot chocolate and cookies, Santa and then the whole Pier was lit up with big Snowflakes going down the whole Pier.

It made me feel like I lived in a small town. The crowds clapped, yelled out good cheers and made us all feel very important.

We all had a great time and it really put me in the Christmas Spirit.

Photobucket

2 comments:

whitem90 said...

Joanne you are the best Girl Scout leader ever!! The girls have been having so much fun. Thank you for everything you have been doing. Can't wait to see what next year will bring.

Maureen

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, they look adorable! What wonderful memories you are making for them! I do have to admit, though...I am more than a tad envious that you are all wearing T-shirts in December!!! We're freezing our tushies off here in New England!... Donna