Monday, December 21, 2009

WINTER WONDERETTES

This weekend, my sister, Maureen, Trinity and I took some time out of our busy schedule and drove down to the Laguna Beach Playhouse so we could see The Christmas show "The Winter Wonderettes".

We got there early so we had time to have a cold drink and a snack before the doors to the theater seats opened up.


Once inside we talked about what we thought the show would be like. We really didn't know what to expect.


The curtains were opened so we could see the stage all ready to go. Then it was finally time for the show to start.


The story takes place in the 1960's. We are all (yes they include the audience) employees of the local Hardware store and are at the Company Christmas party.

The entertainment is four women who work at the store. They call themselves the Winter Wonderettes.


They sing, dance and make us laugh as we all wait for the owner to show up in his Santa Suit and hands out the Christmas bonuses.


I thought it was very cute how they did include the audience in the show. They handed out the white envelopes the boss gave out to all of us. We all opened them at the same time. What a surprise we found in there!

We all played the game "Find the Elf" and one lucky girl even won a prize!


They had us all help sing a song. They even brought a few men and women up on the stage to help with the song.

While this show isn't one of our normal Christmas shows we go to see, I did find it fun and entertaining. It was different, fun and made me laugh.

The only drawback was the cost. At $60 a ticket, we felt the price was to high for this show that lasted only 1 hour and 45 mins.

Even so, I'm happy we went. If you get a chance to, go. I'm sure you will be happy you did too.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I think it is wonderful how proactive the singers were with the audience. Nobody to fall asleep there!! :) I am glad you all had a great time. $60 buck though? Not sure about that either.

Donna said...

Hi Joanne. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time (in spite of the price), so that's the important thing!

I understand your post. I've been talking to my mom a lot lately. She's on my mind so much at this time of year. I said to dad and my sister tonight that it would be so wonderful to have her back, even for an hour, to just talk and actually get a response, a laugh, a smile. I know she can hear me, but I miss the interaction. I've had dreams where it's like old times and God, we have such a good time together!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Joanne. I am definitely NOT going to meet the 10 lbs! I didn't go to weigh-in last Monday because I had to bring Amanda back to the city, and I didn't go today because I completely forgot! A neighbor brought over homemade cookies and treats and I have been digging into them with reckless abandon!

Talk to you soon... Donna