Monday, December 21, 2009

IF IT'S TUESDAY...

That's right, if it's Tuesday it must be weigh in day.

Bright and early I woke up, crawled out of my warm bed and got dressed. Then I got in the car, drove to my Weight Watcher meeting and met with my sister, Maureen.

Together we walked into the building and one by one we got on the scale.

Today the scales were good to me and said I had lost another 2.4 lbs. Which makes that now a total of 38.4 lbs. So that means, I've lost 8.8 lbs. since the challage to lose 10 lbs by the first week in Jan 2010 was made.

I only have 1.2 lbs more to go to reach my goal of 10 lbs. It should be a goal I can reach. I sure hope so.


It's been hard to be good durning these past few weeks. As you know, there are parties, Christmas functions, dinners, baking and all sorts of sweets everywhere these days.

This week I think one reason I lost was due to my brother and sister. So I must thank them.


One of the first things we did when we got to my brothers house was to go for a walk. Not by my choice either.

My brother had recently gotten his electric wheel chair and wanted to go take it out to see how it did on his streets.

The streets where he lives are all hills. It's either up, up, up or down, down, down.


As we were walking, it was getting harder and harder to go that first mile. You see, it was all up hill! I thought my legs were going to fall off.

But, I would hear my brother and sister telling me to keep going. That I could do it. I was almost to the top of the hill.

They were my cheerleaders.

It made me remember years ago when my brother used to live up by me. It was way before he had his stroke and he used to run then.

He was always trying to get me to get out there and run with him. The best I did was walk. I've never been a runner and doubt if I ever will be.

He would call me up daily and tell me he was going to the track to meet me and I had 20 mins to get there.

With his help, I walked lots and lots of laps back then. He has always been my cheerleader and has tried his best to get me into shape.



Since my brother has had his stroke, he has told me time and time again that I need to eat right, exercise more and take care of myself. He does not want anyone else in our family to go through what he is going through.

So, with my brother and sister's help, I made it up that hill that went on for what seemed like forever. I was so happy when we made it to the top and we got to turn around.

We walked for several miles that day. The more I thought about it, the more I think my brother just used his wanting to check out the wheelchair as an excuse to get me walking.

We all agreed that every time we get together we are going to go for long walks. As much as I hate to exercise, to me it's the sweetest thing. Because, I know they are going for mostly for me.

I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family and I'm so thankful we are all close and really love each other.

It's because of my family that I really believe I'll lose my weight this time.

Maureen goes to each meeting with me and gives me so much support. Gene talks to me and peps me up and is checking on my exercise and Patty makes sure I always have the right food to eat and cheers me on.

So, I would like to take this time to thank each and every one of them and let them know I love them with all my heart.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Rach said...

Awesome job! Weight Watchers is such a great weight loss tool. I've done it in the past and had success. I've lost 45 lbs. I need to lose another 35 to get to my "BMI" healthy weight.

Congrats!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow Joanne I am so impressed and happy for you! I need to lose weight and I have been very careful this holiday as I have a stress fracture in my foot so I can't walk as I usually do. I did not bake at all for the holiday and have been trying to eat lighter. I wish you continued success! It was so good to see your brother is up and able to get around by his electric wheelchair.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2010!