Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A DARLING WAY TO GIVE SOMEONE YOUR COOKIE RECIPES!

Today I went to my friend, Sandra's, home to help her make her potato pancakes. Since she is Jewish, these are always part of her Holiday dinner.

For the past five years I've helped her make them. It's become our tradition.

We also exchange our Holiday gifts on this day.

One of the items she gave me is this darling recipe book. It's full of her own tried and true cookie recipes.

I love it! I think has to be the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!




It's made out of a photo album, recipe cards, scrap booking paper and charms.



Sandra is always so creative.


I just adore the colors and the vintage look to this book.


Look at that tiny whip she attached to the binder area. So cute!


The recipes inside are wonderful sounding! But, I think the paper they are typed up on is just fantastic! Very retro looking.


Here is a better look at the paper. Well it's actually vellum.


In the back she even added some sweet blank recipe cards so I can add my own cookie recipes to the book.


The charms are just so sweet! A great touch!


She even took the time to add some matching ribbon to the charms to make them add just a pop of color.


I'm so lucky to have such a great friend in my life.


This is a gift I will always treasure.


I won't be making any of these cookies this year. Not to good for my Weight Watcher plan. But, I know when I do they will taste super!

Speaking of Weight Watchers, today was weigh in. I am happy to report I'm down another 2.4 lbs.

It looks like I finally broke through my slump I was in two weeks ago. I know I can make my goal of losing 10 lbs by the first week in Jan for sure now.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Very nice.

Ciao

Cindy said...

What a great gift. You can tell so much love went into that!

Great job on the weight loss! I saw how much you lost on your sidebar! That is so great! I hope to be there some day. I think I'm down 8.8 lbs...if I remember correctly! It's so hard to stay on it this time of the year!

Connie said...

You're right; that is adorable, sugar!! I'd love to have one just like that....
xoxo,
Connie

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a neat gift!! One that you will truly enjoy using. Love & blessings from NC!

Laura said...

Yes, that would be amusing to give a gift of a hankie with hand sewn hair in it these days!

I was reading your other blog and noticed Tri City on it!! I worked in the ER at Tri City until Feb of this year! Small world. :)

Happy Holidays to you!
Laura

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

You wonderful, skinny girl, you! :) What an inspiration you are!

That is really a nice gift!
I am so encouraged by your ability to stick to weight watchers. I think of trying it again...perhaps after Christmas and after I am back on my feet and feeling normal.

:) Hugs,
Mona