Sunday, December 6, 2009

LA CREPERIE


Today was my nephew, John's, birthday. We all got together for lunch to celebrate.

He is an executive chef and loves good food. So I know that when he picks a place to eat at we are going to be in for a treat.

Today he picked a place in Long Beach called La Creperie. They are known for their Crepes.

We we first walked up I thought the place looked like a small little place that most likely had good food but not much in the way of looks.



Well, I couldn't have been more wrong about the looks! From the outside it looked small and nothing special but the place was very nice inside. These photos do not do the place justice at all.

It has a Parisian theme to it.

I was right about the food being good though. I would recommend if you are in Long Beach you do your best to go eat here.


I loved the expose brick on one side.


In the back is a window where you can see into the kitchen and watch them make the crepes.



The bar area was very cute. They had lights made out of different wine bottles and crystals hanging down from them.



The wall opposite the brick had a beautiful painted mural.



Sometimes the resturant can be very nicely decorated but you go into the bathroom and it's very plain. Not here. It was very cute.


My favorite part was the big hanging chandeliers that were dripping with crystals.



Trinity started out with a cup of hot chocolate. Just looking at it I knew it was going to be good. I had a sip and it was so rich and creamy. One of the best hot chocolates I've ever had.


This is what my two sisters ordered. It was a chicken, cheese and artichoke crepe with some kind of a cream sauce over it. Both said it was heavenly.



I decided to go for pasta and ordered the Pasta Pomodoro. It's pasta with tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and cheese.

This is one of my favorite dishes so I was thrilled they had it. It was very good too.


For dessert we just ordered two dessert crepes and all shared them.

This one was my favorite. It was cherries jubilee with whipped cream and ice cream.


This was a chocolate crepe filled with Nutella and strawberries and served with whipped cream and drizzled in chocolate.

I thought it was good but it didn't come close to the cherry one.


I was worried I was going to blow my Weight Watchers points but I added it up and believe it or not I'm fine!


Now, let's see if I can make it through tomorrow OK. I just made two batches of sugar cookie dough. I'm having Trinity and three of her friends over so we can all make Christmas cookies.

Talk about tempting!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Rach said...

The decor is so charming. Food looks quite tasty too!

Jane Carter said...

The food looks absolutely yummy!!! And I think your simple pasta dish looked the best for a main entree. Of course, for dessert, one must really indulge and the cherries jubilee crepe dish looks and sounds absolutely decadent!

Lovely blog! I will most certainly follow along with your adventures!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Joanne...I must be getting better and getting my appitite back because that food is some of the first that really appealed to me when I looked at it.
What a neat place to go. Really cute!
Come see me one of these days. :)
Hugs.
Mona

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Joanne!

What a fabulous place! I can only imagine how fun the atmosphere was!!
I LOVE crepes and they are so hard to find around here. I have my own crepe maker that is wonderful & fun.

THanks so much for doing a post on Glenda!! You're the greatest!!

Big Christmas hugs, Sherry

I havent been visiting much, no time of late. It was so nice to catch up with you.