Friday, December 4, 2009

CHRISTMAS WITH MICKEY MOUSE

I was thrilled when I received my invitation from Mickey Mouse to his annual Christmas party.

I put my best dress on and got over to Disneyland as quickly as I could. This was a bash not to be missed!


As I walked through the gates of Cinderella's Castle I couldn't help but gasp at the beauty that had covered the walls.


The band was ready to play as I made it to the Merry Go Round. I knew I had to pick up my pace so I wouldn't miss a thing at the party!

Toon Town was "just around the corner" the conductor yelled to me.



There was no way I was going to be able to walk or even run fast enough to make it on time, so, I stopped by my good friend, Roger Rabbit's place to ask for a ride.


He was happy to help and sent out his best limo for the evening to take me to Mickey's place.


We had to make a quick stop and get some gas before we could continue on.

While there, we got a call from Minnie Mouse asking if we could pick her up too.

To be honest I was thrilled she needed a ride. I have been wanting to get a peek of this ladies place for years!

Her place was just as cute as I thought it would be. A pretty white tree decorated with pink ornaments was outside. It put me in the mood for the Christmas party even more then I already was!


She invited me in. Her living room had the most lovely furniture I've seen!

The house was so warm and cozy feeling. I wanted to stay longer but we had to get going. After all, the party was waiting and we didn't miss one minute of fun!


We left through the back door, so, I got to take a quick peek at her kitchen. Isn't it darling!

The neighborhood children stopped by to watch a cake baking in her oven for her. Isn't that nice of them?


She offered me a Christmas treat she had made earlier in the day. YUMMY!


Then we finally made it to Mickey Mouse's House. He had the place all decorated for Christmas. With trees and lights and garland.

You could hear the lively music playing from outside.


Mickey himself, welcomed us in. He had us warm up over by the fireplace as we drank egg nog.


Then, he showed us some of his old mementos from when he was a baby.

His baby shoes and a picture of him as a tot when he first met Walt Disney.

He got a little teary eyed as he told stories of Walt and spoke about their friendship. He really misses that man.


Pluto couldn't wait to show us his new bed and chew toy that Santa had brought by. It was his early Christmas gift.

The bone was from Mrs. Santa.


I couldn't help but notice that Santa needed to bring a new washing machine. This one seemed pretty old.


After awhile, we all went out on the streets of Toon Town to go sing Christmas Carols to the neighbors.

This is Chip and Dales House. At first we thought they didn't like the singing as they threw nuts at us. But then we figured out that was their way of sharring some of their Christmas joy with us.


Over at Goofy's House we were offered a nice warm cup of hot chocolate and cookies.

Hey, is that an orb? Could that be Walt Disney going out to sing with us?


Donald Duck was so excited when he heard the singing outside. He brought out Daisy and they joined in with us, singing louder then anyone.


We all gathered by the water fountain and wished each other a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Then, in what seemed like only minutes, the party was over and it was time to head home.

Mickey gave us easy directions to get home. Just go down Main Street and head towards the big Christmas Tree.


He gave us a tip about first stopping by It's A Small World. They had done up the place with so many lights I think you could see it from Space.

It sure was beautiful! I'm so happy Mickey told us to stop here before heading home.


As I made my way back through the Castle, it had clearly been changed since I was at Mickey's.

It was now covered with ice!


Such a sight to see!

This truly was a Magical night!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rach said...

Love Disney's attention to detail!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

I was at Disneyland last Tueday and Friday. When were you there? It was so beautiful, wasn't it?

On Tuesday, I went with girlfriends to celebrate a b-day and we ate Monte Cristos and garlic fries and on Friday, I went with my family. So fun!