Friday, March 6, 2009

A SMALL ST. PATRICK'S DAY TEA PARTY

I hope you are not to sick of me posting about parties because I have another little one to share with you. I promise not to post another for awhile after this.
I would like to host a St. Patrick's Day tea party again this year. But, I have not been able to find my box of St. Patrick's Day items.

So I thought I would share the last one I had. It was just a small one for my friend, Sandra, my sister, Patty and myself.

Though I do have enough tea cups and items to host a St. Patrick's Tea Party for at least 10. I went crazy one year on eBay buying all the tea cup and saucer sets that had shamrocks.


At this tea we started out with Scones. Since the strawberries were so good then I just had to use them. So to tie it in to the theme I just used shamrock doilies.

Same for the desserts. We had mini chocolate eclairs, coconut cake and madeline cookies. I put them in St. Patrick's Day cupcake liners and added a shamrock pick.

At each place setting there was a Shamrock tea cup and saucer and a little pot of gold favor.

To make the pot of gold I used a black witches cauldron from Halloween time and filled it with gold foil coins, a chocolate Leprechaun and a lottery ticket. Of course with wishes of having the Luck Of The Irish as it was being scratched off.

We all wore green to go with the theme.
Oh yes, there was a 2ND favor for everyone at the table. It was a box of chocolate shamrocks and more gold coins. The chocolate all came from See's Candy. YUM!

We also had tea sandwiches that were cut in the shape of shamrocks and they too had shamrock picks.
I would love to serve more Irish dishes at my next party. Things like Irish Soda bread, corned beef and then have a soup that is green like creamed asparagus or something.
Well, maybe next year.
So, how about you? Do you do any type of a party or meal that is special for Saint Patrick's Day? I don't know if it's because I'm Irish or why but I really like St. Patrick's Day.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Chedder Fish said...

I love all these parties!!! Great inspiration!

BTW- I think of you every time I see vintage dishes like those at flea markets!

Marilyn said...

That tea table is just beautiful. You just went to so much trouble. It must have been heaps of fun. I want to have a tea this year for just my dauhgter and myself. You have given me some great ideas. Thank you. Marilyn

Michelle said...

Joanne I wish I lived closer so I could come to your tea parties! They look like so much fun and the setting is just beautiful. :)

JEWELGIRL said...

What a wonderful themed tea party,
you have adorable ideas! I would
enjoy this! Top of the day to you!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a pretty St Patrick's Day tea party Joanne! I love all your dishes and the shamrock shaped sandwiches are so cute!

Anonymous said...

This is really really adorable. I just found your site and I'm obsessed! I can't wait to see more!

Kira Franz-Knight said...

Hey Joanne...thanks for stopping by tangarang (its 1 tbl salt) :)Looks like a great St. Paddy's Day tea! What fun!!!

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Joanne,
It looks like you have been doing great, I have been missing from the blog scene for quite some time, I really needed the time to get my father in laws estate cleared up, whew, finally done! You look great, have you lost weight?? Hope all is rosy in your corner of the world, let me know how Gene is I have really had him on my heart lately...
XO,
Donna Lynn

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Joanne
Your St Patrick's Day party looks wonderful. I love how you cut the cute sandwiches in the shape of shamrocks. I know this day is celebrated a lot in the US but not so much over here. I celebrate in a way because my birthday is St Patrick's Day!
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I am soooo impressed. How cute is that!!?? Welllll...I say VERY cute. I loved it! I hope our family decides to give a party this St. Pat's day. It's been awhile...oh wait..we are having one. My daughter just told me about it last night at dinner. I have to go back a double check those decorations. YOU SMART!!! :)
Hugs,
Mona

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a fun party. Thanks for sharing. Cute ideas. Love the china!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Donna said...

Love the pix of your St. Patty's Day party! We don't do a party, but we always have a big corned beef and cabbage boiled dinner to celebrate the holiday. I'll probably do mine next Sunday before Court heads back to college after spring break... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Tealady said...

Hi Joanne,

Cute, cute, cute! I love all your themed parties. You are a gracious hostess with the gift of hospitality.

All the best, Lana @ Showers of Blessings