Thursday, March 19, 2009

MEETING WITH ANOTHER BLOGGER FRIEND

How many of you have been lucky enough to actually meet one or more of your favorite bloggers in person?

I remember my first blogger meet up. It was with Debbie of My Vintage Daydreams and I was very nervous at first. I had no idea what to expect. But she was wonderful, we hit it off right away and had a very nice day together.

Then I got to meet with Pat from Mille Fiori Favoriti who is actually from New York but came out to CA for a visit. I drove to San Diego to meet her and also Cori from Gingerbread Crumbs and Company was able to meet us there too. The three of us had a blast going all over San Diego playing tourist.

Then of course you all remember when Glenda from Many Fond Memories came down to So. CA and we got to spend several days together going shopping and to the Queen Mary and up to Beverly Hills/Hollywood. I'm so looking forward to her next visit which I think will be in May.

Well, last week I got to meet my 5th new blogger friend, Mona from Wsprsweetly of Cottages out in Riverside CA.

She is so nice and very funny. She is the best story teller I've ever met. I listen to her for days.

Her son and daughter in law own this great little sandwich shop that we went to for lunch. It was so good!

As good as the lunch was the dessert was even better! I had lemon cheesecake. OMG! It has to be the best cheesecake I've ever had.

After lunch we did a little shopping. Mona took me to some cute places. One was this great antique mall.

Look at these hanging items. They are made out of tops to candy dishes and jars. You could use them for a hanging candle holder or a small bird feeder/bath.

I thought they were very clever and a great way to use a lid when you broke the bottom piece.
I love vintage hats and this dealer had several.

Look at these pieces made out of broken vintage china plates. Aren't the lovely?

I fell in love with this wire cloche. It was up high so I couldn't see how much it cost but I've been thinking about it ever since I saw it.

This is another one that I really wanted. But, it was a little to costly for my budget.

I also love vintage cook books. I found this booth that had tons. Plus, the prices were so cheep. I don't know what in the world was wrong with me for not getting a few that day.

I'm going back and getting some for sure. Mona, will you take me? I forget where this great store was.

After shopping for a few hours, we went back to Mona's house.

Ladies, let me tell you, her house is darling! It's like going into one of those cute little shops that we all love.



She has it decorated so cute and has so many pretty things to look at. I could spend hours at her house just walking around looking at everything.

She has done each room with a different look. The dinning/family room area is done in a French Country look. It's such a warm and cozy feeling.

She loves china. I have to admit I wanted to shop in her house. She had so many things I would have loved to be able to buy.

Her kitchen is done in the same colors as mine. Red, black and white. I adore her pot rack with the red and white pots and pans.

Look at that center island. She hand painted that herself! This lady has talent.

She has some vintage white enamel wear with red trim. How cute are those? Also, look at those handmade pot holders. Don't you love them?

Mona's living room is like walking into a darling little Bed and Breakfast all decorated in shades of pinks.

There are lots of tea cups, saucers and tea pots inviting you to stay and visit for awhile.

Plenty of soft comfortable pillows to sit back on!

My photos just do not do her house justice at all. It's like walking onto a romantic movie set.

Mona was even kind enough to sit down and play me a song on her sweet piano. She plays very well.

I ended up staying much later then I thought I would but the time just flew by. I think I could have spent the whole weekend. I felt so comfortable and welcomed in her home. I'm really looking forward to going back.

If you ever get a chance to meet one of your favorite bloggers I hope you do. It's not only nice to put a face to the blog but you get to meet some of the nicest people in the world.

I hope I get to meet many more of you in person.

Not long ago, I was talking to Cindy from My Romantic Home and Glenda from Many Fond Memories about planning a Blogger Meet Up day/weekend.

If we did, it would be in CA. Would anyone be interested in something like that? If so, then maybe we will get on it and start planning it.
Photobucket

11 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh Sweetheart..you made me look so much better than I really am..and thank you so much for coming so far to meet me! I had a wonderful time with you. I KNEW you would put a picture of me in there..and you did! I NEED TO GET OUT AND WALK!! I had such a good time with you. Please come back soon. I'll feed you more cheesecake? More bread pudding? Ok..how about some rice pudding? ~smile~
Maybe that sweet little cage is still there waiting for you!!
HUGE hug for you!!
Mona

The Charm House said...

It is so wonderful that you get the opportunity to meet your blogger friends! That is one thing that I really want to work on during the fall! My spring and summer in showers and weddings!
Hugs,
Yvette

Glenda said...

Of course we should all meet up.

Mona house is a treasure trove of things reminds me of my own home. It's full of things, and more things.

Ciao

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It was so nice meeting you and Cori last year Joanne! The hours just flew by and we had so much fun!

Mona looks like a person I could be good friends with! We have the same eclectic style in decorating --I even have the same tea cup holder!

Hope to meet you in Manhattan in April.

Hugs, Pat

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Yes, I have gotten to know so many wonderful ladies since starting to blog in January, that I think it would be so much fun to meet them in person. Some of my blogger friends live close by and we hope to get to meet each other. If I am ever traveling to other parts of the US, I would like to meet some of the ladies who live further away. Lots of ladies have said, "If you are ever out my way, let's get together." What fun!!!!!
I have never been to California. Maybe I will get out your way sometime. Love & blessings from NC!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

How great meeting blog buddies is extra fun.
And hows the house oh my you could get lost in there.
It looks so gorgeous

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Joanne,

I would love to share a day getting better acquainted and sharing decorating ideas with my blogging friends. I live in Modesto and would offer my home as a meeting place if that would work out for everyone. Count me in.
Have a great day,

Elizabeth

Debbie said...

OMG....Mona's house is divine! How sweet that you two met and shared that time together. I love every single one of the photos and have looked at them several times. I am overwhelmed by how beautiful Mona's warm and inviting home is and how talented this woman is. The bakery was icing on the cake!:) How precious you all are getting together like this. Glad I found you ALL...thanks for sharing this and Mona plays piano too?...what next!

Sometimes It's Good said...

Her house is gorgeous! Count me in if you do a "meet up." I still would love to meet you.
Hugs, Susan

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Joanne, I live in Corona, I would love to meet up with some blogging ladies! Don't forget to count me in!
~Ann

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Your day with Mona sounds WONDERFUL! It's obvious that you two had such a great time. Isn't she a doll?!

If I still lived in CA, I'd be at your blogger get-together in a heartbeat. I'm from Orangce county (Buena Park), but I've been transplanted to Texas. Oh, how I miss the ocean!
Patricia :o)