Wednesday, March 4, 2009

AUSTRALIA

Today is a rainy day out and a wonderful day to just cozy up with a blanket and watch a movie. So, my two sisters and I did just that.

Yesterday, Australia came out on DVD and my sister Patty bought it.

I saw this movie when it was out at the theaters and I loved it. I was very shocked to see it was not up for an Academy Award. To me it should have been best picture.

If you have not seen it then by all means, run out and either buy it or at least rent it. You will not regret it.

It is a movie that has everything in it. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be in awe of the scenery and the wonderful costumes.

There is a love story in there as well as lots of action and even the tales of family closeness.


The little boy in it is super. He was not an actor when they saw him but as luck would have it he was a natural. I promise he will melt your heart!

This is by far one of the movies that make my all time favorite top 10 list. It is a classic and one I'm sure to watch again and again.

Photobucket

10 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Golly that was quick to go to dvd!!
I never got to see it at the movies,But I will grab the dvd for sure very soon and do a bit of snuggling up on the couch myself.

Sally said...

Please visit AUSTRALIA and pick up your award from my blog.
Adore your blog and I visit often as I can.

Glenda said...

And yet you hear bad comments about this movie. To each his own is how I judge a movie. Whenever I hear the ad for it, it reminds me of Pearl Harbor, maybe it's the music or the theme.

But I'll have to see it. Yep I will buy it.

CIao

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I heard good things about that movie from those that saw it, but I don't know why it got bad professional reviews. I'll definitely rent it!

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the trip to NYC right now! Hotels are going for bargain rates. But hopefully you'll get another buyer soon and it will still become a reality. Fingers crossed!

Marilyn said...

Hi, I have not seen the movie but want to.
Stop on over... I have a Blog award for you !!
Marilyn
xxoo

Sometimes It's Good said...

I loved Australia. I've always wanted to go to the country and seeing the spectacular scenery was fabulous! To me it was a movie like Gone with the wind...an epic classic.
Hugs, Susan

PS. I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Robby.

Esther said...

It got bad reviews over here too but I loved it. I took my girls to see it for a bit of our own history even if it is dramatised. We don't get taught enough of our own history over here. And I never really liked Hugh Jackman but seeing him in his cowboy get-up - yum, yum.

It reminded me a lot of the books by an Australian author called Patricia Shaw which are a really good (historical) read. Look her up if yo're after a good Australia-like book.

Tracey said...

Thanks for the review. I've hesitated going to see this, but now I think I will rent it and watch.. thanks, Joanne,, tracey

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Thanks for the review. I've been debating whether or not I should rent and it and take the time to watch it. Your's is the 3rd positive review I've "heard", so I may just be watching Australia sometime this weekend.

Donna said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Joanne.. I'll definitely put this on my 'to rent' list!

And I'm sorry to say, I have no imagination, but if I think of anything for your puppy tea party, I'll let you know! Happy birthday to your babies!!!... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage