Sunday, March 1, 2009

I HAVE A DREAM

I don't know why but lately I have been dreaming of owning a vintage travel trailer.

I think they are so cute! I don't need a big one (though that would be nice) a small little one would be just fine for me.

I don't want to have to redo it though. I want one that is already restored and ready to go.


I've been searching on the Internet, eBay and Craigslist. I was happily surprised to see you can get a darling one for not that much money.

Isn't this pink one to die for? It's not for sale but I still love this one.


Every time I think I know which color I would pick I see one in a different color or decorated in a different theme and then I change my mind again.

But this one is just so me! Pink, vintage and down home feeling.



I could even get one with a pink oven! Wouldn't that be fun?

Growing up we had a pink refrigerator and dinning room set in our kitchen. Maybe that's why I love pink kitchens so much.


I also love the ones that look like this bright shinny one. It reminds me of a movie or an I LOVE LUCY show.

I think it would be hard to keep it clean and shinny though so I think I would opt for one of the painted ones.


Red and white would be darling too. I saw one that was red and white and they had it all decorated with Coke theme items. Very cute.

I think it would be sweet with cherries too.

Oh but then there is yellow... how sunny and cheerful would that be?


I love the black and white floor in this one!

I think if I were to buy one today it would either have to be pink or aqua. Hey, maybe it could be a combo of both as I love that color combo!

Did you know you can even go to a camp ground where you can rent out a vintage trailer if you don't have one? Wouldn't that be fun for a girls weekend or a family reunion?

You can go here to find more info.

Who knows, maybe one day I will buy my own little vintage travel trailer. Until then...I guess I'll just dream about them.
Photobucket

15 comments:

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Joanne, I love them, too. I was just (minutes ago) talking to my friend about getting one! They are so cute, and I would be willing to restore one, that's how bad I want one. haha I loved your post and I'll tell my friend to check it out.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Those trailers remind me of ones that my grandparents had. So cute!
Speaking of a girl's weekend away. Last summer, my ladies Bible study group went to a lake campground and camped for a long weekend and we had a ball. We took one of the ladies campers, but it probably cost more than my house. LOL!! It was one that you drive. Very nice!! We also took their ski boat and tubed. We had campfires at night and roasted marshmallows. Talked till we couldn't talk anymore and just had an amazing time. We are up for our second camping adventure this summer. I can't wait. You also meet the nicest people camping! Hope you can get a camper someday.
Love & blessings from NC!

LaVon Baker said...

You KNOW I loved this post! We have a friend who has about 17 of the Tear-Drop trailers, some he has refurbished and any he would sell. He even has built them from scratch and does a beautiful job. Happy camper dreaming!!

Unknown said...

I hope your dream comes true. You would probably have a lot of fun with one of those!

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Joanne

Oh Yessss aren't they gorgeous, I've always loved them, I haven't seen pink ones before though!

They'd make a perfect spare room for guests

Glenda said...

We had a trailer when we were kids we took on long trips. It was fun, and if I could do it again I would, just don't know if I want to have one of my own.

How is Renee doing and the baby ?

Ciao

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Joanne
I really enjoyed this post. It would be wonderful to own one of those trailers (we call them caravans). I like the pink and white one best and love your idea of pink and aqua. The insides are so cute, it would be great to stay in one. How is your friend Rene? She is in my prayers.
Lindsay

Edie Marie's Attic said...

HI Joanne!

Aren't they the most adorable things? I would LOVE to have one just to park in the back yard for parties. What a blast that would be!
I would chose the yellow with a red cherries design, FUN!

hugs, Sherry

Rene & baby are in my prayers!

Sometimes It's Good said...

I love those trailers, too. Caren and I were talking the other day about how much fun it would be to have one. I love the place where you can rent one. That would be a fun getaway!
Hugs, Susan

The Charm House said...

We had one of these growing up and it was so much fun!!! I remember getting in it when it was parked at home and it would tip back if we had to many kids in it and did we get in trouble.... Camping was so much fun! I had the best parents growing up!
:) Sweet Memories ~ thank you,
Yvette

Decor To Adore said...

Oh, I adore the little trailers. There is a hotel called the Shady Dell in Bisbee, AZ comprised of vintage trailers you stay in. Even the diner is a long vintage trailer. Haven't been there yet, but soon~!

Michelle said...

Joanne, all of those are ADORABLE! I agree, I want one already done. I love that pink one with the pink bike in front. :) You'll have to let us know when you get one!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hey JoAnne - if you decide on the Airstream - our Dad and Brother can keep it looking lovely - it's "the family business!"
www.pandstrailerservice.com
They've been polishing and selling trailers for 40 years!
Great post....loved all of those vintage beauties!!
Karla & Karrie

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

The trailers are so cute. I love to have one too but it's not the time yet. Hope your dreams come true soon and please up-date us which color have you finally choose. Thanks for sharing..

Unknown said...

I'd love to have the pink one, they are so cute and what fun they would be. I used to have a old one too, long ago.....