Thursday, March 12, 2009

MY LATEST THRIFT STORE TREASURES

I came across this sweet little wire bird cage while browsing the thrift store. It did have a bunch of dirty raffia in the bottom and a big ugly bird glued inside.

I knew I would take those things out and toss them away.


I had this bird nest that I got at Tuesday Morning that fit inside just perfectly. It had flowers on the nest but I just clipped them off as they were to much.

I tied those flowers on the top of the cage to finish it off. Now it looks nice for spring.


I also found this lace runner. It is more of a cream or tea stained color. I thought it would look good with the rusty look of the wire cage.

It is in perfect condition too with no holes.

I was happy with my two treasure finds. I got the cage for $1.99 and the runner was $1.50 so that wasn't bad at all.

I did notice that now is the time to stock up on your holiday decor at the thrift stores. They had tons of Christmas, Halloween and Valentine's Day items. Some really cute things but I left them behind for others to snatch up. I am looking forward to spring right now and can't even think about those other holidays.




Photobucket

15 comments:

Gone said...

What pretty "finds" Joanne!!! The cage looks lovely!!

I loved your SHED post below, as well as the one about the veggies and what and how they help us!!

Great posts.

;-)

Glenda said...

Aha, you found another one. I guess this one not for planting in.

Looks cute with the runner.

Ciao

Allidink said...

Oh! That birdcage is so cute! Love it with those flowers, it just makes it so much more neat.

All the best,
Allison

Anonymous said...

I love the photos, thanks for sharing them
Lorri

The Charm House said...

Joanne, Love the birdcage and birdnest... Going in the morning to hopefully find some good FINDS!!

I am having a Tour for Collectors on Monday, March the 16th. I want to invite you to participate by showing us YOUR favorite treasures and trinkets on that day. Just show up early Monday morning and sign up with Mr. Linky to join us!

Have an awesome day!

Thanks, Yvette

Angie said...

I LOVE that birdcage! What a great find! I have had the thrift store itch lately but have to save my pennies up first..I guess I will live vicariously through all my blog friends for now..lol! How is your friend and her baby doing? I have kept them in my prayers...so hoping all will be okay!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Fabulous bargains Joanne! You did good! What an adorable bird cage. Great job revamping it!

Loved your post on garden sheds! or shall I say garden sheds to die for?
wow incredible!

And the health post is perfect, very fascinating isn't it? I like them all so I should be good right?

Big hugs, Sherry

Thanks for being my inspiration for A Better Me!!!

Michelle said...

What a find, Joanne! I love it. I have yet to get a bird cage but I want to find one in a thrift store too!

Esther said...

What a cute bird cage. I have never, ever seen one for sale at thrift stores. In fact, over here, I don't think I've even seen decorative ones for sale in the shops. Only ugly square real ones.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well...you can just stick that cutie of a bird cage in the car and haul it right up here to Riverside tomorrow! :)
It really is cute...lucky you.
Tomorrow...perhaps we should hit a few of those goodie places. I am always open to a great bargain.
(I am so excited!) Jammin' Bread for lunch...:) You will LOVE it.
Hugs,
Mona

Charmingdesigns said...

Wow, thats all you paid?! Our thrift stores would have sold it for much more! I've been keeping my eye out for a cage...Your lace is fabulous.Laurie

Donna said...

Oh, what a great find, Joanne - You know I love bird cages!!! I love the nest in the bottom!... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Anonymous said...

Really cute birdcage - perfect for the upcoming Spring season :)

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Joanne,

Don't you just love finding wonderful stuff at the thrift store?! This cage is wonderful...I love it with the nest inside ~

The little chick on the box is a Nicol Sayre reproduction that I bought at The Plum Tree a few years ago. You might be able to find one online though!

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for visiting me!
xxoo,
Dawn

Unknown said...

What a fabulous thrift store find! Love what you did with it.

The playhouses in your previous post are darling! Love all your posts! You have wayyyyy too much fun girl! It's just fabulous! :)