Sunday, December 28, 2008

WINTER GIFTS FROM MOTHER NATURE

Mother Nature is so good to us! Sometimes we go about complaining about how she makes things to cold or to hot. But she is always giving us wonderful gifts.

We have a miniature orange tree in our back yard. Right now we are starting to get several oranges.

Let me tell you, if you have never had a fresh orange picked right off the tree you are missing out. They are wonderful! So sweet and juicy.

Today I went out and picked several and made some fresh squeezed Orange Juice. It was so good!

Wish you all lived by me so I could pour you a nice big glass too!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Connie said...

You are soooooo right, chick! I loved it when we could go pick our lemons fresh from the tree in the back yard. Can't do that in Idaho.......
Smooches,
Connie

Harbor Hon said...

What a blessing! Looks so yummy I can just about taste it. Thanks for sharing that lovely tree. xxoo

Anonymous said...

You're so right about going out in your yard and pick fresh oranges. Our neighbors gave us some navel oranges and they are so sweet and juicy. Then we have a full supply of tangerine,limes and grapefruit too. But, on the down side, the A/C is on, it's 83 with 80% humidity.I hate hot weather at Christmas time. :)

Hugs,
Chris

Mistress Meeyee said...

I love your blog! It is such a nice relaxing place to visit! The oranges are beautiful.Wish I could have a nice tall glass with you.

Lorilee said...

I have a dwarf satsuma mandarin tree. I can't wait for it to start bearing. I also received a peach tree for Christmas this year.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Laurie and Chris said...

There is nothing like fresh oranges. My Great Grandmother lived in Florida and she would send us fresh picked oranges!! Yummy!!!

Donna said...

Oooh, what a wonderful thing to have right in your own backyard! (I love your birdbath, too!)... Nope, we don't grow orange trees in our backyards here in New England... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Glenda said...

Everyone should plant a fruit bearing tree it's the best way to get fruit free.

I love fresh squeezed.

Ciao